President Uhuru Kenyatta on Tuesday 1st March 2016 directed 10,000 more police officers be recruit and enrolled into the police training colleges.
The president was speaking when he presided over the passing out parade of 1,976 General Service Unit recruits at the GSU Training School, Embakasi.
President Kenyatta said a new batch of recruits is much needed to enable the country achieve the minimum of UN police-population ratio of 1:430 and to secure the country.
The head of state promised better police equipment as they go about their duties of securing the nation.
The Ministry of Interior has been tasked with hard work of commissioning the construction of new houses for our police service. Already over 2000 units have been developed, and rented many more, the president added.
He called on the police to perform their duties as expected saying the country’s future depends on how they will articulate their duties.
Recently, the government acquired Armoured Personnel Carriers (APC) for the police and five new helicopters will be delivered by June 2016 to bolster efficiency while on assignments.
The National Police Service is also refurbishing two MI-17 helicopters to improve police ability to quickly move troops to any trouble spot and generally improve their mobility.
Kenya’s National Police, both Administration Police and Regular Police airwing currently has 14 aircrafts. Six fixed wing and eight helicopters that used provide air support to ground police forces including tactical reconnaissance.
- National Intelligence Service (NIS) Tasked to Preempt Corruption’s Threat to National Security of Kenya The President of the Republic of Kenya Uhuru Kenyatta issued a statement on Monday 23rd […]
- Uganda Police Acquire Armoured Personnel Carriers Ahead of Feb 18 Polls SECURITY BRIEF 9th February 2016, Uganda police armoured vehicles arrived at the […]
- Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta, Commander in Chief Of Defence Forces Attend AMISOM’s Summit in Djibouti AMISOM SUMMIT DJIBOUTI February 28, 2016, Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenya who is the […]
- Over 700 More Security Officers Deployed in Lamu County LAMU COUNTY, March 12, 2016 Security in Lamu has been heightened with […]
- President Hassan Sheikh Praises Burundi Contribution on the War Against Al-Shabaab in Somalia SOMALIA, March 18, 2016 President Hassan Sheikh Mohamud lauded […]
- Tunisia Security Forces Kill 4 Suspected Terrorists EVENT SUMMARY March 2, 2016, Reports from Tunisia’s Interior Ministry, the National […]
- Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta Commissions APCs; Lamu & Mandera Among Counties To Get Armoured Vehicles in Anti-Terror War SECURITY BRIEF President Uhuru Kenyatta on Monday 1st February 2016 commissioned the […]
- Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta Say State Will Open New Prison For Extremists EVENT SUMMARY Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta, Tuesday 16th February 2016 […]