Sunday 20th December 2015, a worshiper at Kutus Catholic Church in Kirinyaga, saw an explosive device as they were giving offerings.
The worshiper identified as Mr Richard Kanyuiro together with his two friends saw the IEDs as they were giving their offering but initially mistook it for a toy.
The improvised explosive device believed to have planted very early in the morning by unknown terrorists.
An administration police officer closely identified the bomb and congregation was alerted. Fear gripped the worshipers and hurriedly stormed out of the church.
Local security officers have cordoned off the church as they waited for bomb experts to arrive to detonate the explosive.
Police bomb experts from Nyeri and Embu Counties arrived and detonated the explosives found inside the church as the Sunday service was ongoing.
According to local priest, Father Njenga, it was by God’s grace that the bomb did not detonate during the ongoing mass.
Kirinyaga County Governor Joseph Ndathi condemned those targeting holy places during Christmas festivities.
The Governor urged security to be heightened at all crowded places and church management to ensure everyone entering the church is thoroughly screened.
The terror scare comes just a few days when police issued an alert cautioning Kenyans of 11 most wanted terror criminals.
The photos and details of the 11 terrorists planning to carry out attacks in the country especially during the festive season were released.
The public is urged to stay alert and in case of seeing any suspicious character or package report to the nearest security authorities.
Also public urged to provide information/intelligence that may lead to capture of the terror criminals.
- Mandera IED Explosion Targeting Kenya Police Patrol Fails An explosion targeting a Kenya Police Patrol was reported near the customs border […]
- General Service Unit & Rapid Deployment Officers Survive Roadside Bomb in Mandera Tuesday 29th November 2016, the General Service Unit and Rapid […]
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- Nigeria Police Beefs Up Security at Worship Centres Events Sunday, Jos series of blasts targeting places of worship kills scores […]
- KDF Defuse IED Planted by Al-Shabaab Targeting their Convoy at Beles Qoqani, Somalia Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) bomb experts have successfully […]
- 3 Robbers Shot Dead By Police Officers in Nyali, Mombasa County CRIME BRIEF, March 22, 2016 Three armed gangsters were shot dead by police […]
- Mombasa Republican Council (MRC) Re-emerging Threat, Intelligence Reports Warn SECURITY BRIEF 1st January 2016, Security agencies in Kilifi and broader coastal […]
- Over 700 More Security Officers Deployed in Lamu County LAMU COUNTY, March 12, 2016 Security in Lamu has been heightened with […]