The terror financiers arrested and identified include Salim Abdulkarim, his wife Nuru Swaleh, their daughters Fatma Salim, Feiruz Salim and Khadija Namaan and relative Abdulkarim Salim who was nabbed in Majengo.
According to Malindi police boss Matawa Muchangi another suspect a woman identified as Hadija Swaleh, 80, was not taken into police custody because of her age.
The Malindi police boss added that the elderly woman was the mother of Bajina Moslem, a most wanted terrorist who fled with the late Al-Qaeda leader Fazul Mohamed to Somalia in 2008.
Police reports reveal that Fazul escaped a police dragnet in Malindi in 2008 and has never returned home ever since.
Moslem on the other hand is believed to be Somalia and is allegedly being financed by the suspects who were arrested.
The police boss also noted that preliminary investigations revealed that the family had been sending money to Moslem and the terror group based in Somalia.
The arrested are reported to finance Al-Shabaab activities through money collected from sympathizers.
- 3 Suspected Al-Shabaab Financiers Arrested by ATPU in Malindi Three of six suspected Al-Shabaab arrested by Anti-Terrorism Police (ATPU) in Shella […]
- Security Agencies Launch Investigation on Suspects for Financing Somalia-based Al-Shabaab Terrorists Kenyan security agencies launched investigation on Woman in Nairobi’s Umoja […]
- Kenya’s Security Forces Nab 8 Al-Shabaab Terror Suspects in Coastal Region, Kwale and Lamu EVENT SUMMARY Kenya’s security forces on Tuesday 21st June […]
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- Anti-Terror Detectives Gun Down an Al-Shabaab Returnee, Recover Grenade in Kwale Sunday 26/2/2017, Anti-terror detectives gunned down a most wanted terror suspect in […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Anwar Yogan Mwok Kenyan Suicide Bomber Behind KDF-Kulbiyow Camp Attack, Died in VBIED Explosion A Kenyan suicide bomber was behind the heinous attack on KDF-Kulbiyow Camp Attack in […]
- A Kenyan Man Arrested Trying to Cross over to Somalia Illegally, Taken to Court A 20-old Kenyan man was arrested trying to sneak into Somalia illegally was taken and […]