A drug trafficker has been arrested at Mombasa Airport in possession of heroin valued at more than ten million Kenya Shillings (Sh10m).
The trafficker identified as Mohamed Jibril Ali, 51, had hidden the drugs in the soles of his shoes.
According to Mombasa County Commander, Peterson Maelo was about to board Rwanda Air plane destined for Dubai when he was detected.
The county commander pointed out that the Ali was a regular traveler to Dubai and he suspected he has been delivering drugs. Investigations are yet to unearth the source of the drugs.
Barel a month another woman (Ivorian) was nabbed at the same airport with heroin valued at more than ten million Kenya shillings (sh10m).
The Ivorian woman identified as Danho Aude-Bertille, 28, was headed for Abdijan through JKIA when her luggage was found with the drugs.
Crackdown on drug barons/cartels has been intensified at the coastal region.
The notable is case involving the sons of slain drug baron Ibrahim Akasha and two others who have been extradited to the United States to answer drug trafficking charges.
- Kenyan Drug Cartel Extradited to US Also Face Ivory Smuggling Charges Kenyan drug cartel recently extradited to US is also facing possible ivory smuggling […]
- A Look at Joho Brother’s, Drug Warlord-Cartel in Kenya With a Counterintelligence Lens Mombasa, the sprawling beach front vacationer city has developed as a […]
- Police Anti-human Trafficking Operation Nabs 35 Ethiopians in Nairobi, Kenya Police on Tuesday 11th October 2016 – night conducted anti-human trafficking […]
- Aharub Khatri, Al-Shabaab Financier, Drug Trafficker, & UK Stolen Vehicle Syndicate Mobster Arrested in Mombasa Kenya Aharub Khatri, Al-Shabaab Financier, Drug Trafficker, & UK Stolen Vehicle […]
- Security Chiefs in Lamu Asks Boat Owner to Carry Licenses from KPA and KMA or Face Arrest Security chiefs in Lamu County have asked all the boat owners/operators to ensure […]
- Foreign Military Warplanes Pound Al-Shabaab Camp in Somalia Latest military reports referenced by Somalia media indicate that […]
- Kenya Security Agencies on Alert: U.S Revise Travel Advisory, Warns of Al-Shabaab Threats The State Department on Thursday 30th June 2016 revised its travel advisory for the […]
- US Gives KDF New Helicopters to Boost War against Terrorism U.S government has given Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) six new helicopters to boost its […]