The National Intelligence and Security Agency (NISA) is in custody of nine Al-Shabaab suspects arrested in a swoop after car bomb attack near a UN establishment in Mogadishu Somalia.
No death was report on the UNDP staff though four were injured on a Wednesday morning car bomb blast.
According to NISA and referenced by Somali National News Agency (SONNA), their officers also captured two garages and recovered a vehicle. The garages are believed to have links with Al-Shabaab operatives.
UNSOM has released an official statement and also posted on their Twitter feed confirming of the attack on their compound and saying all of their UN staff are safe and accounted for after barbaric IED attack on a private security firm in Mogadishu.The attack comes two days after the twin car bomb attacks near the airport in Mogadishu.
- NISA Forces Conducts Security Sweep in Mogadishu, Somalia National Intelligence and Security Agency NISA) forces carried out a success […]
- Death Toll Hits 25 in Recent Car Bomb in Mogadishu Market, 10 Al-Shabab Suspects Arrested Death toll has risen to 25 in the recent car bomb that hit a market in Somali’s […]
- Car Bomb Explosion Injures 4 in Mogadishu, Driver Arrested Four people on Monday afternoon were injured when a car bomb detonated at Suq-bacad […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Suicide Bombing Masterminds Arrested in Security Operation in Baidoa, Somalia BAIDOA Somalia, March 12, 2016 Southwest State security forces intensified […]
- Somalia Court Sentences 5 Al-Shabaab Militants to Death Over Terror Attacks in Baidoa, Somalia MOGADISHU Somalia, March 14, 2016 A Somalia court sentenced five Al-Shabaab […]
- 30 Civilians Killed in Al-Shabaab Militant’s Twin Blasts, Scores Injured in SYL Hotel, Mogadishu EVENT SUMMARY Friday 26th February 2016 evening, Al-Shabaab gunmen forced their […]
- UNSOM Condemns Dayah Hotel Attack in Mogadishu The United Nations Mission in Somalia (UNSOM) strongly condemned Wednesday’s […]