MAIDUGURI, Nigeria, 17/2/2017: Latest military reports from Nigeria indicate at least 11 people have been killed as Nigerian troops battled the Islamic State linked Boko Haram attack on outskirts of northeastern Maiduguri city.
According the source, nine suicide bombers and two civilians died early Friday.
This was the fiercest attacks in months by Boko Haram on the city that is the birthplace of the Islamic Insurgency.
Police reports and referenced by open sources say three female suicide bombers detonated vehicles parked at a truck station around midnight. The two civilians died there.
Self-defense fighters say soldiers later fired at gunmen on motorcycles escorting suicide bombers, killing at least six of the bombers.
The seven-year Islamic uprising has killed thousands in Nigeria and neighbouring countries –Niger, Chad, Cameroon, Mali and Benin.
- Boko Haram Terrorist Group seen Weakening in Cameroon Boko Haram has drastically scaled down attacks in Cameroon in the recent months, […]
- Asymmetric War, Niger Army Operations Against Boko Haram DIFFA, Niger, March 10, 016 The national guard of Niger continues with patrols […]
- Boko Haram Fighters Surrendering in Large Numbers Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari has said that Boko Haram fighters are […]
- Islamic State Announces Abu Musab al-Barnawi New Boko Haram Emir, Shekau Insists He is Still In-charge The Middle East based Islamic State on Wednesday3rd August 2016 in an audio released […]
- 38 Boko Haram Terrorists Killed in Diffa, Southeast Niger OSINT SUMMARY According to latest military reports from Niger, 38 Boko Haram […]
- West African Countries To Set Joint Anti-extremist Force EVENT SUMMARY June 7, 2016, West African leaders resolved to set up a joint […]
- U.S. To Give $40 Million to Countries Battling with Boko Haram Insurgency OSINT SUMMARY, April 20, 2016 U.S. has pledged to give $40 million in […]
- 2 Girls ‘Suicide Bombers’ Blow Themselves Up near Crowded Nigerian Market Two young girls possibly seven or eight year old died in an explosion in a crowded […]