Lt Gen Njuki Mwaniki was Denied Chief of Defence Forces Post in Hours
Lt Gen Njuki Mwaniki would have been appointed Chief of Defense Forces of Kenya until a last minute lobbying by NSIS chief Michael Gichangi and members of the top Military brass decided otherwise.
Lt Gen Mwaniki who is from President Kibaki’s backyard was identified by the Defence Council and vetted for the position of Chief of Defence Forces (CDF) of Kenya.
Senior military officials in both military and military intelligence informed president Kibaki of the vital need to have a loyalist heading the military owing to the fact that 2012 was an election year.
According to military officials, Lt Gen Njuki Mwaniki could not be trusted to obey the whims of the powers-that-be going into 2012.
Lt Gen Njuki Mwaniki was appointed Commandant National Defence College (NDC).
- Lt Gen Samson Mwathethe Geared To Succeed Gen Julius Karangi in Kenya Military Shake-Up The eminent Kenya Military changes expected this month will place Lt Gen Samson […]
- Kenya Vice Chief of the Defence Forces, President Uhuru Kenyatta Appoints Lt-Gen Joseph Kiptoo Kasaon President Uhuru Kenyatta recently appointed Lt-Gen Joseph Kasaon as the Kenya Vice Chief […]
- SNA Chief of Defence Forces Maj. General Mohamed Adan Ahmed Vow to Eliminate Al Shabaab Militants MILITARY BRIEF Somalia National Army (SNA) Chief of Defence Forces Maj. Gen. […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Kenya Military, Commander in Chief of the Defence Forces of Kenya He is the Head of State, the President of Kenya, the head of Government and also serves […]
- Rwanda Defense Forces on Standby Mode Rwanda Defense Forces on Standby Mode as M23 Rebels and Congolese Army Deny Shelling […]
- Army General Julius Karangi Visit to Mogadishu Kenya Defense Forces are not going to stay bogged in Southern Somalia for a number of […]
- Brig. Kainerugaba Muhoozi, (Museveni’s Son) Promoted to Major General in the Army Uganda People’s Defence Forces (UPDF) In what has been misinterpreted […]