Lt Gen Njuki Mwaniki would have been appointed Chief of Defense Forces of Kenya until a last minute lobbying by NSIS chief Michael Gichangi and members of the top Military brass decided otherwise.
Lt Gen Mwaniki who is from President Kibaki’s backyard was identified by the Defence Council and vetted for the position of Chief of Defence Forces (CDF) of Kenya.
Senior military officials in both military and military intelligence informed president Kibaki of the vital need to have a loyalist heading the military owing to the fact that 2012 was an election year.
According to military officials, Lt Gen Njuki Mwaniki could not be trusted to obey the whims of the powers-that-be going into 2012.
Lt Gen Njuki Mwaniki was appointed Commandant National Defence College (NDC).
- Lt Gen Samson Mwathethe Geared To Succeed Gen Julius Karangi in Kenya Military Shake-Up The eminent Kenya Military changes expected this month will place Lt Gen Samson […]
- Kenya Vice Chief of the Defence Forces, President Uhuru Kenyatta Appoints Lt-Gen Joseph Kiptoo Kasaon President Uhuru Kenyatta recently appointed Lt-Gen Joseph Kasaon as the Kenya Vice Chief […]
- SNA Chief of Defence Forces Maj. General Mohamed Adan Ahmed Vow to Eliminate Al Shabaab Militants MILITARY BRIEF Somalia National Army (SNA) Chief of Defence Forces Maj. Gen. […]
- Uganda’s President Yoweri Museveni Promotes 400 UPDF Officers Uganda’s President, Yoweri Museveni promoted about 400 UPDF army officers to […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Gen Katumba Wamala Hands over to Gen Muhoozi, the New UPDF Chief Gen. Katumba Wamala has handed over office to the new Chief of Defence Forces, Gen […]
- Kenya Military, Commander in Chief of the Defence Forces of Kenya He is the Head of State, the President of Kenya, the head of Government and also serves […]
- AMISOM Praises Burundi Troop’s Contribution on War on Terror in Somalia AMISOM has praised Burundi troop’s contribution on war on terror in […]