Kenya the East Africa economic powerhouse is set to gain from oil export sales predicted to begin early April.
According to Ministry of Energy source, the first export of crude oil is expected in April, that is, two months ahead of the projected June 2017 target.
Already, 70,000 barrels of crude oil have been stock piled according to the ministry officials saying the government is working on establishing potential oil export markets.
The government plans to use the early oil project to gauge the viability of local oil, as well as build networks ahead of full scale commercialization in 2020.
Ministry of Energy and Petroleum Cabinet Secretary Charles Keter said Tullow Oil has already expressed confidence in the Kenyan oil fields, giving the government confidence.
“Tullow and its partners have started drilling again and we have been informed that they have got good results,” Mr Keter was quoted as saying.
The country will initially export 2,000 barrels of crude oil daily as part of plans to test the global oil markets.
The Kenyan government has already sent oil samples to refineries in the Middle East and Asia ahead of the trial run.
- Kenyan Government Signs Oil Export Agreement with Tullow Kenyan government on Tuesday 14/3/2017 signed an oil exportation agreement with […]
- Kenya’s Oil Pipeline Construction To Commence in 2 Weeks, Energy CS Keter ENERGY BRIEF, April 29, 2016 Kenya’s oil pipeline works is expected to […]
- Kenya Decides To Go Alone On Oil Pipeline Construction ENERGY BRIEF, April 24, 2016 Kenya will go alone on the construction of […]
- US Issues Statement Warning of Rogue Kenyan Media Reports on Oil Pipeline The US Embassy issued a statement denying Kenyan media reports that it pledged to fund […]
- Kenya Set To Begin Exporting 2,000 Barrels of Oil Daily From July 2017 ENERGY BRIEF Kenya has announced plans to start exporting 2,000 barrels of […]
- China and India among Top Countries on Queue for Kenya’s Oil Exports China and India are among the top countries on queue for Kenya’s oil export […]
- Tullow Oil Makes another Discovery in Northern Kenya Tullow Oil Plc which is doing oil exploration in Kenya has announced of discovering […]
- Kenya Set to Begin Oil Exportation by January 2017 Kenya is set to begin oil exportation by January 2017 according to the Finance […]