Tuesday 10th November 2015, Kenyan Anti-Terrorism Police arrested 10 Somali Nationals at the Kenya-Somali border in connection with Al Shabaab terrorists.
The Anti-Terrorism Police raided houses of the suspects and arrested them on counts of having links with Al Shabaab militants taking them into custody for interrogations.
According to security officials, the detained residents are believed to have been collaborating with the Al Qaeda affiliated Al Shabaab as sympathizers posing security threat to the country.
Kenyan security agencies continue to man the country’s border with Somalia in an effort to bar any infiltration from the Somalia jihadist group. Security along the border in last couple of months has been heightened as building of security wall continues.
Security across the country is beefed, mainly in the Northeastern, Coastal region and also at the Kenyan capital Nairobi. The Kenya populous urged to be on high alert and report on any suspicious eventuality as the country warms up to receive the Pope, the head of Catholic faithful in barely two weeks’ time.
- Kenya Heighten Security Ahead of Pope Francis Visit Next Week Monday 17th November 2015, Kenya has beefed up security across the country in readiness […]
- Kenya-Somalia Border Wall Construction to Bar Al Shabaab Infiltration Continues Amid Criticism Kenya continues to construct the 435 miles security wall along the its porous border […]
- Pope Francis Historic First Africa Tour; Security Concerns The head of Catholic faithful, Pope Francis is set to make his first historic tour on […]
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- Mandera IED Explosion Targeting Kenya Police Patrol Fails An explosion targeting a Kenya Police Patrol was reported near the customs border […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- IED Explosion Target Security Forces near Usalama Camp in Kiunga, Lamu County Military intelligence reports show that an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) […]
- Kenya-Somalia Border Wall Construction Progress Construction of the 700kms Kenya-Somalia border wall is on course, as confirmed from […]