29th January 2016: Kenyan Police serving under the AMISOM contingent serving as Individual Police Officers (IPOs) were commended at their sendoff ceremony after completing a year of service in Somalia.
IPOs work closely with the Somali Police Force, where they train and mentor the police officers to help develop and strengthening the skills, instincts, abilities to help them adapt and thrive in their current challenges especially posed by Al Shabaab.
The AMISOM Police Commander Brigadier Anand Pillay commended the discipline, professionalism and operational capability of the 12 officers hailing their efforts at advancing the peacekeepers mission in Somalia.
Brig. Pillay commended the Kenya component in Somalia acknowledging their selflessness and support to Somalia in the peace process, building up the police institution in Somalia and upholding the safety and security of the Somali people. Notably were the harsh conditions the IPOs defied to deliver their obligation in line with the AMISOM police’s mandate.
Brig. Pillay led the officers present at observing a moment of silence in memory of the fallen Kenyan soldiers. Kenya is among five AMISOM Police Contributing Countries alongside Ghana, Nigeria, Uganda and Sierra Leone.
- Mandera IED Explosion Targeting Kenya Police Patrol Fails An explosion targeting a Kenya Police Patrol was reported near the customs border […]
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Kenya Police Newly Deployed Officers Fully Induct into AMISOM OSINT SUMMARY A group of ten Kenyan police officers newly deployed in Somalia […]
- AMISOM Forces Policing Stronger With Deployment of Ugandan Individual Police Officers Uganda deployed police officers mid-August, 2015to serve on the […]
- African Union (AU) Agree to Train Somali Troops before AMISOM Exit in 2018 African Union (AU) on Monday announced its plan to train Somali troops (SNA) to the […]
- Over 200 Jubbaland Police Recruits Graduate in Kismayo Somalia More than two hundred police recruits (202) from Jubbaland state have graduated in […]
- Senior Regional Military Leaders Conclude ‘Peacekeeping’ Course In Kenya Highlights: The 13th Regional Senior Military Leaders’ Course (RSML) concluded at […]