Kenya government has imposed dusk to dawn curfew in Mandera following the recent attacks by terrorists.
Interior Cabinet Secretary Joseph Nkaissery declared a dusk to dawn curfew — 6.30pm to 6.30pm daily for the next two months.
The curfew starts Thursday 27th October till December 27th whereby Mandera county residents will be required to be indoors by 6:30pm to 6:30am.
The government curfew will affect residents in Mandera town, Arabia, Lafey Kotulo, Omar Jillo, Elwak and the surrounding environs extending 20 kilometers from Kenya-Somalia border.
The curfew comes in the wake of terror attack that left 12 people (11 men and 1 woman) dead at Bishaaro Lodge in Mandera town.
Meanwhile, Anti-Terror Police (ATPU) and Intelligence officials have arrested a youth identified as Abdirahaman Ali who was the caretaker of the Bishaaro lodging on suspicion he helped the Al-Shabaab militants attack and kill 12 the Kenyans.
Abdirahaman Ali will be detained for 10 days to allow police probe on the matter.
- Chief in Mandera County Killed, All Police Reservists Accounted for Unknown assailants thought to be Al-Shabaab militants on Monday night killed a chief in […]
- Kenya Extends Mandera 6pm to 6am Curfew to June 2017 Kenya has extended the dusk to dawn curfew on the northern region of Mandera by three […]
- Mandera Governor Ali Roba Call on Residents to Help Government Fight Terrorists Mandera governor Ali Roba has called on residents to help the government fight […]
- Government Hint to Lift Curfew in Mandera during Ramadhan Government has hinted intention to lift 6.30p.m-6.30a.m curfew in Mandera County during […]
- Kenyan Government Fast-track Border Wall Construction on Mandera Kenya government continues with construction of the 700 kilometers security wall on […]
- Kenya Police Arrest Four Suspects Over Community Leaders Shooting in Kwale EVENT SUMMARY Kenya police on Sunday 29th May 2016 confirmed to have arrested […]
- Kenya Police Service Puts Sh 8 Million Bounty Reward on Four Al-Shabaab Terrorists SECURITY BRIEF Kenya Police Service Friday 26th February 2016, offered a bounty […]
- Over 700 More Security Officers Deployed in Lamu County LAMU COUNTY, March 12, 2016 Security in Lamu has been heightened with […]