Kenya has commenced the construction of the security wall along the Kenya-Somalia border. The wall is being constructed to check cross-border incursions by Islamist terrorists from the proscribed Somalia-based Sunni jihadist organization, Al Shabaab. The groundbreaking ceremony was done on Monday evening by Gordon Kihalangwa, the Director of Immigration Services. The wall will run from Mandera to Kiunga, Lamu County; and it will cover Lamu, Garissa, Mandera and Wajir counties.
Kihalangwa urged the locals to support government efforts to curb terrorism activities in the region. He stated that besides demarcating the Kenya-Somalia border, the wall will also protect the locals from al Shabaab attacks. He reiterated the government commitment to sensitize the public on the project. He also added that the wall will also curb illegal immigration and the transportation of arms across the border thereby curbing the proliferation of arms across the nation.
Kihalangwa also confirmed that the materials, machinery and equipment that would be used in the construction of the security wall were already on site, and also stated that the wall would have designated entry and exit points thus controlling the flow and human traffic into and out of the nation.
Al Shabaab terrorists have used Bula Hawa, a small town in Somalia to launch attacks in Mandera County, Kenya.
- Kenya’s Border Security At All Points Beefed Up As War On Terror Intensifies Kenya’s security especially at border points has been beefed up immensely. Contrary to […]
- Kenya’s Perimeter Security Wall Is Necessary Preventive Security Measure Early in April, the Kenya was hit by one of the most serious attack orchestrated by the […]
- Kenya Security Wall is Being Built on Kenyan Land The government has commenced the construction of the Security Wall along the entire […]
- Fighting Terrorism: Kenya and Tanzania Now Joining Forces against Terror Tanzania has pledged to join forces with Kenya in fighting terrorism among other […]
- Terror Suspect Arrested In Wajir; Indicator Of Anti-Terrorism Clampdown In The Region Kenya’s Anti-Terrorism Police Unit (ATPU) on Tuesday arrested a suspected terrorist in […]
- Significance of Building Kenya-Somali Border Security Wall Kenya security forces especially the Special Forces have been tasked with hunting of the […]
- Kenya Security Forces on High Alert Following Al-Shabaab Foiled Lamu Attack Intelligence sources on Tuesday 16th June reported that the Kenya security forces foiled […]
- Government Extends Amnesty Offered to Radicalized Muslim Youth The government of Kenya has extended the amnesty offered to Muslim youth who are ready […]