25th January 2016, a joint U.S, UK and Russian war offensive is building up in Libya. This is the first such collaboration in many decades.
The joint offensive against militant organization is seen as an extension of their expanding military partnership in Syria.
Earlier in the month of January 2016, President Barack Obama resolved to open a third anti-terror force in Libya to combat and eradicate the Islamic State front’s that is gaining foothold in the country.
Standing by after this resolve was UK preparing the ground with some 1,000 British SAS troops to the Libya anti-ISIS mission.
Between Friday 22nd January 2016 and Sunday 24th January 2016,the first step in this campaign took place with dozens of Russia, British and American troops arriving in Libya in support for the internationally-recognized.
Reports on daily mail also say French troops are expected to arrive soon for the same purpose.
The landing area is located some 144 kilometers from Darnah, the main bastion of extremist Libyan groups linked to Al Qaeda or ISIL, of which the ultra-violent Ansar al Sharia is the most powerful.
- UK, US, France, Russia Launch Major Counter-ISIS Campaign In Libya A Joint US-Russia war offensive against ISIS in Libya is building up as the two […]
- U.S. Intervene Militarily To Train African Forces On Combating Terror OSINT SUMMARY U.S. Commander for Special Operations Command Africa Brigadier […]
- Suspected U.S. Drone Strikes Kill 12 Islamist Militants Including Top Leader in Yemen OSINT SUMMARY 4th February 2016, two suspected U.S. drone strikes have killed 12 […]
- Obama Announces Deployment of 250 U.S. Special Forces To Syria HANNOVER GERMANY, April 26, 2016 U.S. President Barack Obama announced […]
- U.S. Director of National Intelligence James Clapper Says Homegrown Extremists Tops Terrorist Threat List KEY HIGHLIGHTS U.S. Director of National Intelligence (DNI) James Clapper has […]
- U.S.-led Coalition 30 Strikes Targets Islamic State Hideouts in Syria & Iraq EVENT SUMMARY Latest military reports from Middle East indicate that Daesh/Islamic […]
- Germany, Norway, United States, United Kingdom Pledge At Least $6.7 Billion To Aid Syrian Crisis Highlights: 4th February 2016: Leaders and lead diplomats from over 70 countries […]
- NATO Troops & Afghan Air Force Destroy ISIL’s Afghan Radio Station, 46 Militants Killed EVENT SUMMARY 3rd February 2016, Recent military reports from Afghan’s Defence […]