Thursday 12th May 2016, sixty three Islamic State Takfiris have been killed in the ongoing offensive by Iraqi forces in the Islamic State (IS) held city of Mosul in northern Iraq.
According to the military spokesman, the IS attack began at dawn when dozens of the militants advanced from several positions of the forces and allied paramilitary Sunni tribal units in villages west of Makhour.
The allied forces also got backing from U.S.-led coalition aircraft and artillery and managed to repel a large scale attack, killing 63 IS fighters.
Among those killed include several would-be suicide bombers wearing explosive vests. The forces also destroyed four suicide car bombs.
Thursday's IS attack near Mosul came as the extremist militant group carried out two more attacks, which involved five suicide bombers which targeted security forces in Baghdad's western suburb of Abu Ghraib and in Albu Eitha area, north of Ramadi, the capital of Iraq's western province of Anbar. Governemnet forces managed to repel the attackers.
According to the military spokesman, the bodies of the Daesh (IS) fighters scattered in the valleys in front of the Iraqi forces positions. Two soldiers got injured in the clashes.
- Iraqi Security Forces Kill Abu al-Harith al-Libi, a Senior Islamic State (Daesh) Commander near Shirqat OSINT SUMMARY Iraqi security forces have killed a senior Islamic State […]
- Terrorist Detonate Explosive Inside Mosque in West Baghdad, Kills 14 and Injures 32 OSINT SUMMARY At least 14 people were killed and 32 others injured in a […]
- ISIS Chief Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi Admits DEFEAT in Iraq, Orders Militants to Flee or Kill Themselves in Suicide Attacks IN SUMMARY ISIS chief Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is said to have issued a […]
- Iraqi Security Forces Kill 57 IS Terrorists in Mosul Iraqi security forces on Monday killed at least 57 Islamic State (IS) terrorists […]
- Iraqi Forces Working to Neutralize ISIS Booby Traps inside Old Mosul Iraqi forces continue to battle ISIS and making gains in old neighborhoods in Mosul […]
- Iraqi Special Forces Drive Daesh Out of Three More Regions of Mosul A senior Iraqi army commander has confirmed that his troops have driven Islamic State […]
- Prominent Islamic State Figure Killed in Air Raids in Northern Iraq Latest military reports indicate that a prominent leader of the Islamic State […]
- Iraqi Anti-Terror Special Forces Deploy To Baghdad In Retaliatory Security Operation March 1, 2016: Iraqi authorities have deployed Special Forces around Baghdad following a […]