21, January 2016:
The Iranian government through the newly appointed ambassador of Iran to Kenya, Hadi Farajvnda affirmed his government’s support Kenya following the deadly El-Adde attack. Iran reaffirmed her commitment to help Kenya in the war against the al Shabaab militants.
Iran offered to share its experience and skills that they have used to preempt and avert attacks targeted at her both from domestic and international enemies like Saudi Arabia but at the same time warning of taking sides in the ancient rivalry between the two.
The top Iranian diplomat in Kenya said, ““Iranian government is ready to exchange our experience with Kenya, this will be very useful for the country has faced attacks from al Shabaab.”
Iran and Kenya have maintained cordial relationship that has been mutually beneficial for the two countries evidenced by MOUs signed in August 2014 that strengthened economic, scientific and technical cooperation.
- National Intelligence Service (NIS) Tasked to Preempt Corruption’s Threat to National Security of Kenya The President of the Republic of Kenya Uhuru Kenyatta issued a statement on Monday 23rd […]
- Israel Pledges Increased Cooperation To Kenya; Matters Cyber, Intelligence And War Against Al Shabaab February 24, 2016: Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has pledged his country’s […]
- Ethiopia, Egypt, Sudan To Sign Trilateral Agreement In Political, Economic And Security Cooperation Highlights: Egypt, Ethiopia and Sudan have agreed to boost their trilateral relations […]
- Nigeria Promises Increased Cooperation To Kenya In The Fight Against Al Shabaab Event: Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta and his Nigeria counterpart President […]
- Japan Pledges $38 Million To Somalia: Economic And Humanitarian Aid March 14, 2016: Bilateral talks between the Federal Republic of Somalia and the […]
- Arab League Nations Rally Behind Saudi Arabia in Escalating Diplomatic Row With Iran EVENT SUMMARY Arab League nations have expressed discontented over the attacks on […]
- Saudi Arabia Announces 34-Member ‘Islamic Military Alliance’ To Fight Terrorism Highlights: Saudi Arabia on Tuesday 15th December announced that 34 nations had […]
- South Africa, Saudi Arabia in Joint Military Cooperation JOHANNESBURG, April 15, 2016 South Africa has confirmed it has military […]