The bomb exploded outside the market which is the largest in Somalia. Bakara which is the main market in Somali’s capital Mogadishu has previously been targeted by the terrorists.
Government forces managed to arrive at the area shortly after the blast and cleared the area in case there was a second blast.
No group has claimed responsibility for either attack but al-Shabaab has carried out several bomb attacks in Mogadishu in recent months targeting soft softs such as markets, restaurants and hotels.
- Car Bomb Attack Target Ministry of Internal Security HQs A large car bomb explosion targeting Ministry of Internal Security HQs was heard […]
- Somali Police Seize Abandoned Explosives-laden Vehicle in Hamarweyne, Mogadishu OSINT SUMMARY Reports from Somalia indicate that police managed to seize an […]
- Mandera IED Explosion Targeting Kenya Police Patrol Fails An explosion targeting a Kenya Police Patrol was reported near the customs border […]
- Car Bomb Blast Kill One, Wounds Five Outside Hotel in Mogadishu Friday 24/3/2017, a car bomb believed to be detonated by a suicide bomber exploded […]
- Powerful Explosion Heard in Somali’s Mogadishu Latest military report from Somalia indicate that a powerful multiple explosions have […]
- SNA, AMISOM Troops Clash with Al-Shabaab Militants in Bardheere , 4 Killed OSINT SUMMARY Latest military report from Somalia, SNA backed by AMISOM […]
- Death Toll Hits 25 in Recent Car Bomb in Mogadishu Market, 10 Al-Shabab Suspects Arrested Death toll has risen to 25 in the recent car bomb that hit a market in Somali’s […]
- SVBIED Blast Kills at Least 20 in Crowded Beerta Market Somali A suicide vehicle bound improvised explosive device (SVBIED) has ripped through a […]