The bomb exploded outside the market which is the largest in Somalia. Bakara which is the main market in Somali’s capital Mogadishu has previously been targeted by the terrorists.
Government forces managed to arrive at the area shortly after the blast and cleared the area in case there was a second blast.
No group has claimed responsibility for either attack but al-Shabaab has carried out several bomb attacks in Mogadishu in recent months targeting soft softs such as markets, restaurants and hotels.
- SNA, AMISOM Troops Clash with Al-Shabaab Militants in Bardheere , 4 Killed OSINT SUMMARY Latest military report from Somalia, SNA backed by AMISOM […]
- Mandera IED Explosion Targeting Kenya Police Patrol Fails An explosion targeting a Kenya Police Patrol was reported near the customs border […]
- Somali Police Seize Abandoned Explosives-laden Vehicle in Hamarweyne, Mogadishu OSINT SUMMARY Reports from Somalia indicate that police managed to seize an […]
- Powerful Explosion Heard in Somali’s Mogadishu Latest military report from Somalia indicate that a powerful multiple explosions have […]
- SVBIED Blast Kills at Least 20 in Crowded Beerta Market Somali A suicide vehicle bound improvised explosive device (SVBIED) has ripped through a […]
- Death Toll Hits 25 in Recent Car Bomb in Mogadishu Market, 10 Al-Shabab Suspects Arrested Death toll has risen to 25 in the recent car bomb that hit a market in Somali’s […]
- NISA Forces Conducts Security Sweep in Mogadishu, Somalia National Intelligence and Security Agency NISA) forces carried out a success […]
- Suicide Bombing Masterminds Arrested in Security Operation in Baidoa, Somalia BAIDOA Somalia, March 12, 2016 Southwest State security forces intensified […]