Egypt police have killed seven suspected ISIL operatives believed to be behind attacks against Coptic Christians.
According to the ministry of interior, the ISIL which has already claimed responsibility of the latest attacks are behind the deadly bombings are left several Christians faithful killed and scores injured.
The ministry in a statement also noted ISIL sympathizers were hiding in on Assiut province's mountainous areas when the police raided their hideout.
The terrorists also were preparing explosive devices in preparation in readiness of carrying out a series of terrorist attacks.
They were killed after a shootout with the police, who found rifles, ammunition, and IS publications in the hideout, the statement added.
The ministry did not say when the firefight took place.
The announcement follows twin attacks on churches in the cities of Tanta and Alexandria on Palm Sunday, which killed 45 people and were claimed by ISIL
- Egypt Declares State of Emergency after ISIS Church Bombings Following twin church bombings claimed by ISIS terrorist group, Egyptian President […]
- ISIS Kill 21, Injures 69 Others Inside a Church in Egyptian Nile Delta At least 21 were killed and 69 others injured inside a church in Egyptian church in […]
- Daesh Terrorists Attack in Egypt’s Sinai kills 1 Police Officer, Near St. Catherine’s Monastery Gunmen on Tuesday evening attacked security forces near St. Catherine's Monastery […]
- ISIS Threatens Christians in Egypt in Video Featuring St. Mark’s Coptic Orthodox Cathedral Bomber The Islamic State (ISIS) released its first video from Egypt separate from […]
- Terrorists Kill Christian in Egypt’s Sinai, Second Time in a Week Terrorists linked to the Islamic States gunned down a Coptic Christian teacher on his […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Egypt Air Strikes Kill 19 Islamic State Terrorists in Sinai Egypt air force conducted success air strikes against terrorists’ position in […]
- Egypt Police Shoot Out Kill 4 Suspected Militants in Combat Operation Near Cairo OSINT SUMMARY 8th February 2016, Egyptian police shot and killed four suspected […]