Intelligence reports Al Shabaab Terror group is ‘planning’ to wage attacks in churches, hospitals and police stations with high alert target in Kwale County during Ramadhan period.
The Somali based Islamists group Harakat al-Shabaab al-Mujahideen is believed to have trained several youths promising to support their families in case they die in the cause of jihad.
An intelligence report shows the militant group is believed to be working closely with Mombasa Republican Council (MRC), a coastal land militant group.
Mombasa Republican Council is also believed to be involved in ivory haul in connection with Al Shabaab Militant group to raise funds to finance their terror activities.
MRC Members are also believed to be training alongside Al Shabaab militants in the coastal areas of Kenya; Kwale, Mombasa, and Kilifi
The new terror campaign in Kwale County which is preaching on the “plan to liberate the area to be dominated by a certain religion only” is expected to arouse fear, uncertainty and divisions among diverse communities living the county.
People of Somali and Tanzania origin have been meeting the youths promising them good tidings if they join the militant cause. The recruited youths are also believed to have taken an oath of commitment in Boyani area and thereafter prepare for training in Kubo South.
Kwale County Commissioner has said the security agencies are working closely on the report but hinted there is also a possibility these people might be the MRC, but disguised as Al Shabaab.
- MRC & Al Shabaab Poaching Kenya Wildlife to Finance Militancy; GOK Interior Ministry On 3:53 AM - 5 Jun 2015, the Government of the Republic of Kenya's Interior Ministry […]
- Al Shabaab Kenya Radicalizing & Recruiting Mombasa Republican Council (MRC) Elements Understanding the enemies of Kenya Mombasa Republican Council (MRC) and Somali […]
- Aharub Khatri, Al-Shabaab Financier, Drug Trafficker, & UK Stolen Vehicle Syndicate Mobster Arrested in Mombasa Kenya Aharub Khatri, Al-Shabaab Financier, Drug Trafficker, & UK Stolen Vehicle […]
- Interpol Issues Arrest Warrant for Samuel Jefwa & Nicholas Jefwa Linked to Sh579 Million Illegal Ivory Haul Interpol has issued an international arrest warrant for two suspects linked with […]
- Lamu terror attacks blamed on Mombasa Republican Council militants. Al-Shabaab claimed responsibility of these attacks and was even reporting the events […]
- Kenyan Imams Now Declare War on Youth Radicalization; Urge Radicalized Youth to Abide by Government Amnesty Muslim leaders and Kenyan Imams all over the country have vowed to fight youth […]
- Terror Targets in Kenya; Al-Shabaab Terrorists in Recent Past Planned to Attack The Following Targets Targets Mapped and Targetted by Terrorists in Nairobi, Kenyan Capital AL-shabaab […]
- List of Terrorist Groups, Terrorist Militants and Enabling Entities. Following the Garissa Attacks and the need to disrupt flow of cash to terrorist […]