Directorate of Criminal Investigation (CID) in Kenya on Wednesday, 17th June 2015, announced a major reshuffle of its commanders in the North Eastern region majorly Wajir, Mandera and Garissa counties.
This is a very crucial move in the government’s attempts to crackdown the Al Shabaab terror outfit that has been marauding and attacking the border areas.
Ndegwa Muhoro, the CID Director pointed that the changes are pointed at effective and efficient crime management in the said areas and involves over 50 CID commanders.
Among the moved is former head of the Anti-Terror Police Unit Boniface Mwaniki who was strategically posted to Garissa County, Said Baruk posted to Mandera and Keri Nyawida posted to Wajir County.
Particular spotlight has been placed on Mwaniki owing to his previous celebrated record at the ATPU and is deemed the perfect fit for Garissa which has a high number of attacks.
The reshuffle and scheduled deployment of foot troops to track the Al Shabaab militants terrorizing villages in the NEP region are among the intensified crackdown on terror after Garissa University Massacre.
The reshuffle is one of many measures that have been in place by the different security agencies in the country to counter and completely eradicate the militants especially in the Northern region.
The new commanders’ postings are a change in tact boost security and be ahead of the militias. The Harakat Al Shabaab Al Mujahideen has in the past few months changed tactics to invading villages and spreading their doctrines to villages they invade.
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Somalia Police Scale Up Security Measures in Jowhar Event Summary Somalia government police and soldiers launched an operation in […]
- Al Shabaab Suspect Netted En-Route to Somalia Kenyan authorities are working on a list of Al Shabaab suspects to bring to book […]
- Kenya Security Agencies on High Alert To Preempt Possible Terror Threat During Festive Season KEY HIGHLIGHTS Kenyan security agencies early this week (Tuesday) announced formation […]
- Al Muhajiroun Denies Links To Radical Preacher Accused Of Terrorism In The UK Event: Radical preacher Anjem Choudary appeared before Westminster Magistrates’ […]
- Cache of Arms & Explosives Captured From Terror Cell in Garissa, Kenya 26th August 2015, A Joint task force of Kenya security forces recovered deadly ammo, […]
- Terrorists Tashfeen Malik and Syed Farook Behind California Terror Terrorists Syed Farook and Tashfeen Malik have been identified as the […]