MONROVIA, February 10, 2016, On Wednesday Liberian President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf praised the government of China for donating military equipment in effort of supporting the rebuilding of a capable new Armed Forces of Liberia (AFL).
In a statement made available to media, Liberian president revealed that China donation was valued at 3 Million U.S. Dollar ($3 Million).
The president noted that the military donation has come at the right time citing most of the equipment used by army are in bad shape.
Sirleaf also promised that China’s donation would be used for the purposes intended.
The military equipment includes 20 heavy-duty trucks, two graders, 10,000 sets of uniforms, and 40 military tents.
China government has partnered with several African States in supporting and strengthening their military capabilities by donating equipment.
- U.S. Director of National Intelligence James Clapper Says Homegrown Extremists Tops Terrorist Threat List KEY HIGHLIGHTS U.S. Director of National Intelligence (DNI) James Clapper has […]
- China to Commence Construction of Naval Base in Djibouti EVENT SUMMARY 5th February 2016, China is set to start building naval base in in […]
- China Joins U.S., Says it Supports U.N. on New Sanctions on North Korea China has expressed support to new U.N. sanctions to be forced on North Korea over […]
- China Donates 36 Military Vehicles to Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) China has donated 36 military vehicles to Kenya Defence […]
- Russia To Deliver First S-300 Missile Defense System to Iran in August-September MOSCOW Russia, March 11, 2016 Moscow has confirmed that it will deliver first […]
- China Put A Reward For Online Terrorist Intelligence Tip-offs OSINT SUMMARY Monday 8th February 2016, China says it will pay rewards to anyone who […]
- Iran & Russia Plan to Co-produce Sukhoi Su-30 Multirole Fighter Jet MILITARY ACQUISITIONS Iran’s Defence Minister revealed that Tehran and Moscow are […]
- China Commence Building Military Logistical Facilities in Djibouti OSINT SUMMARY China has commenced the construction of logistical facilities in […]