The attack on humanitarian convoy by rebels in South Soudan has received condemnation from different quarters.
William Lacy Swing, the Director General of International Organisation for Migration (IOM), strongly condemned the 14 March attack on a humanitarian convoy, which left two people dead and three others injured in South Sudan.
The IOM chief condemned the attack on its staff, health workers and civilian who were assaulted while on a lifesaving humanitarian mission in Yirol East county of South Sudan.
Unknown rebels armed with guns reportedly ambushed a convoy of vehicles that was returning to Yirol from a field mission on 14 March.
Among the injured was an IOM health officer who sustained a wound, but in a stable condition.
The agency was responding to dire emergency to millions of needy South Sudanese people affected by the crisis that erupted in December 2013.
The crisis in the world’s youngest nation has left over 7.5 million people in dire need of humanitarian assistance this year, including nearly 5 million facing severe food insecurity and 1.8 million displaced internally.
- Sudan Govt Disclose Former S. Sudan Vice President Riek Machar in Khartoum for Medical Attention OSINT SUMMARY Since the conflict between forces loyal President of South […]
- Uncertainty Looms as South Sudan Ex-general Forms Rebellion Faction to Oust Govt Uncertainty looms in South Sudan as ex-general reportedly forms a rebellion group […]
- U.S. Accuse South Sudan Govt of Aiding Armed Opposition in Khartoum U.S. has accused South Sudan’s government of continuous harbouring and aiding […]
- South Sudan Clears Landing Permit For Rebel Leader Machar’s Aircrafts OSINT SUMMARY, April 25, 2016 South Sudan finally issued clearance for […]
- Machar’s Fighters Threaten of Fresh Attacks in Juba Forces loyal to embattled South Sudan First Vice President Riek Machar who has since […]
- South Sudan Crisis is Escalating: UN Report UN: March 3, 2016, Report by United Nations has said South Sudan crisis is […]
- Sudan Armed Rebels Release over 130 Army Captives Armed Sudanese rebel group on Saturday said it released more than 130 army […]
- Fresh Fighting Erupts in South Sudan, over 50 Killed in Clash near Malakal Fresh fighting has been report in South Sudan between government forces and […]