Algeria Orders 12 Sukhoi (Su-34) Fullback Capability Fighter Bombers From Russia
Algeria has ordered 12 Su-34 warplanes from Russia in the country latest military procurement.
Su-34 order is believed to be a component of the $7.5 billion Algeria-Russia arm deal sealed in March 2006.
In the deal Russia was to supply Algeria with military ammunition including anti-missile systems, aviation, sea and land ward defense equipment and technologies.
When Moscow deployed Su-34 on combat duty in Syria, a top military expert, Igor Korotchenko told RIA Novostin the warplane capabilities will attract potential buyers in Africa, Eastern Europe and Middle East.
Lately several African countries especially the ones faced by militancy threat including Uganda and Nigeria are likely to buy Su-34.
Such top of the range fighter bomber aircraft could also strengthen Ethiopia’s Air Force, which still operates a large fleet of aging Su-27 fighters,” Korotchenko added.
Su-34 has also attracted interest of Iraq, Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan while Kazakhstan operates a squadron recently acquired from Russia.
The warplane is powered by a two Saturn AL-31F turbo-fan engines. It has a non-stop operating range of 4,000 kilometers and maximum of up-to 2,200 kilometers per hour.
The warplane capabilities; armaments include a 30-mm GSh-301 canon, and various surface to air-to-air missiles, cruise missiles, air-to-surface missiles, anti-ship and anti-radiation missiles in addition to guided and free-fall bombs.
Su-34 is a fourth generation fighter bomber created from the frame of its predecessor (Sukhoi) Su-27 .
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Russia Sign Deal to Supply Iran with S-300 Missile System OSINT SUMMARY Russia and Iran have entered into a contract whereby Moscow is to […]
- China Donates Military Equipment to Liberia Armed Forces OSINT SUMMARY MONROVIA, February 10, 2016, On Wednesday Liberian President Ellen […]
- UAE Procure Swedish Surveillance Jets in Deal Worth $1.27 Billion OSINT SUMMARY Monday 9th November 2015, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) air force […]
- High-tech Fighter Jets Flying Over Syrian Airspace OSINT SUMMARY The fight against Daesh and other terrorist’s organization in Syria has […]
- Nigerian Army Aviation Corps Seeks Helicopters For Counter-terrorism Air Support MILITARY ACQUISITIONS Nigerian army is considering to acquire helicopters to […]
- U.S. to Deliver Another Batch of F-16s Combat Jets to Iraq Air Force OSINT SUMMARY Iraq Air Force will receive a fresh batch of F-16 fighter jets from US […]
- U.S. Special Forces & Kurdish Forces Raid Islamic State Militant’s Prison, Rescues Hostages in Iraq OSINT SUMMARY Friday 23rd October 2015, the Department of Defense announced that […]