Kenyan jihadists fighting for Al-Shabaab are being executed by the militant group over claims that they are providing leak intelligence to the security agents on their operations.
A number of Kenyan jihadist in Al-Shabaab ranks have been killed by the militants’ firing squad on suspicion of not loyal to the group.
For example, Last year November, five own jihadists in in Somalia’s Tieglow town who included two Kenyan fighters were executed for allegedly cooperating with security agents.
Mostly these executions of Kenyan fellow fighters are authorized by one, Ahmed Iman, a former Jomo Kenyatta University student. He is in-charge of terror group’s prosecutions and executions of his fellow Kenyan fighters mostly recruited by him.
At least three Kenyan fighters have been executed since the Kulbiyow attack in January this year because of the increased belief that Kenyan fighters are spies working for both the Somali and Kenyan governments.
This recent Al-Shabaab paranoia of executing own jihadists has extended to local clans like the Galjeel in the forested Kudey and Ras Kamboni.
Youth from this community have been kidnapped and recruited into the terror group and some local leaders killed by the militant groups on claims of collaborating with AMISOM.
Foreign Fighters at Risk
Foreign fighters in Al-Shabaab’s ranks have not been spared in the purge because command positions are a preserve of the locals.
Kenyans from North Eastern and those who offer financial support have been appointed to mid-level command positions.
Al-Shabaab has small group of foreign fighters including about 40 Americans and hundreds of Kenyans, but the terror group is now on them as it wages a brutal campaign to rid itself of perceived spies in its midst.
The Al-Qaeda affiliated Al-Shabaab has also set up a network of secret prisons in which they hold, on charges of spying, a number of US, British and Kenyan citizens who joined the group and subsequently executions.
- Kenyan Al-Shabaab Recruits Killed over Spying Claims in Somalia Kenyans who had been recruited into Al-Shabaab are facing imminent death under the […]
- Fighter Jets Pound on Al-Shabaab Bases in Militant-held Jilib Town, Militant Causalities Reported Fighter jets believed to be from Kenyan troops on Tuesday night pounded Al-Shabaab […]
- Military Operation That Saw Garissa Raid Planner Mohamed Kuno Gamadhere Killed in Somalia EVENT SUMMARY June 1st 2016, A Toyota Land cruiser leaves the Somali […]
- Somalia Al-Shabaab Terrorist Group Execute Own Operatives for Spying Allegations Al-Qaeda branch in Somalia on Sunday 5th February 2017 executed four own operatives […]
- Security Agencies on Alert Following Intelligence on Injured Terrorists in KDF-Kolbiyow Camp Kenya’s security agencies are on high alert following intelligence on the […]
- Security Agencies Launch Investigation on Suspects for Financing Somalia-based Al-Shabaab Terrorists Kenyan security agencies launched investigation on Woman in Nairobi’s Umoja […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Foreign Attack Helicopters Invade Village near Jilib, an Al-Shabaab Stronghold Latest media reports from Somalia indicate that foreign attack […]