DADAAB Kenya, March 14, 2016
A high ranking Al-Shabaab operative was over the weekend arrested in one of Dadaab refugee camps.
The militant who is a Kenyan national, hails from Garissa and has been smuggling arms into the country from Somalia.
According to Northeastern regional coordinator Mohamed Saleh, the operative was arrested in a joint multi-agency security team that had been tracking him.
Saleh while addressing press from his office said the arrest is a big win in the war against terror saying the operative who hails from Garissa County is a senior Al-Shabaab operative involved in smuggling of arms into the country.
The militant is also believed to be a mastermind in planning and execution of terror activities from and within Dadaab refugee camps.
During the raid, the multi-agency security team recovered an AK-47 rifle, 19 rounds of ammunition and 2 magazines from the operative hideout.
Saleh also revealed that security officers are pursuing two other accomplices who are on the run.
The NEP regional coordinator also lauded all the security agents who are working tirelessly to keep the country safe
In NEP “We have managed to push the Al-Shabaab operatives out our borders and they being cited out of our territory,” ambassador Saleh added.
Members of public were also lauded for collaborating with authorities by volunteering information that has led to major arrests and recovery of deadly cache of weapons from the Al-Shabaab terror suspects and their accomplices.
Saleh called on the public to continue with that spirit to make sure NEP is safe and free of Al-Shabaab militants.
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- AU Special Envoy for Somalia Francisco Madeira, Holds Security Talks With Jubbaland President Ahmed Madobe KISMAYO Somalia, March 15, 2016 On Sunday 13th March 2016, the Special […]
- President Hassan Sheikh Praises Burundi Contribution on the War Against Al-Shabaab in Somalia SOMALIA, March 18, 2016 President Hassan Sheikh Mohamud lauded […]
- Heads of State From Troop and Police Contributing Countries To AMISOM Resolve to Reinforce Military Operations in Somalia AMISOM SUMMIT, DJIBOUTI, 28 FEBRUARY 2016 Heads of State and Government from […]
- Ethiopia To Deploy Additional Troops & Attack Helicopters To AMISOM MILITARY BRIEF Ethiopia revealed that it will send more troops and helicopters to […]
- Mandera Terror Attack Mastermind Mohamed Dubow Cross Back in Kenya, Police Offer 2 Million Bounty Reward EVENT SUMMARY Police has offered a Sh 2 million bounty reward for a most […]
- Kenya Police Service Puts Sh 8 Million Bounty Reward on Four Al-Shabaab Terrorists SECURITY BRIEF Kenya Police Service Friday 26th February 2016, offered a bounty […]
- Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta, Commander in Chief Of Defence Forces Attend AMISOM’s Summit in Djibouti AMISOM SUMMIT DJIBOUTI February 28, 2016, Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenya who is the […]