Thursday 1st October 2015 in a statement released by Afghanistan’s Ministry of Defense, at least 150 Taliban militants were killed in battle that saw Afghan Special Forces retake the northern Kunduz province’s capital city.
In addition the fierce military operations left 90 other militants with serious gun wounds. According to the statement, there were no civilian casualties in the operation. Kunduz is located 250 kilometers north of Afghanistan’s capital, Kabul.
Afghan officials say 150 Taliban militants have been killed and dozens of others wounded in an operation aimed at retaking northern Kunduz Province’s capital city.
The Special Forces recaptured the city from Taliban militants who on September 28 had seized Kunduz taking over government buildings, a hospital, and also releasing some 600 prisoners at a detention center who included Taliban commanders.
Recapturing of the strategic city was a significant win for Afghan troops as Kunduz on a crossroads that connects some key regions of the country. The city has been witnessing frequent battles between security forces and militants since April.
Afghanistan has been faced by gruesome violence for the last 14 years since US and allies stepped-in with offensives on war against terrorist organizations.
- Afghan Police Operation Rescue 78 Afghans Taken Hostage By Taliban Takfiris OSINT SUMMARY Al least 78 of all 80 people kidnapped by the Taliban militant […]
- 27 Militants Killed in Afghan Intensified Airstrikes & Ground Offensive OSINT SUMMARY KABUL, February 10, 2016, a total of 27 militants have been killed in […]
- Afghan Intelligence Foil Coordinated Attack Plot by Haqqani Network in Gardez City The Afghan intelligence operatives foiled a plot by the Haqqani terrorist network to […]
- Nearly 70 Taliban Terrorists Killed, Scores Injured in Helmand Operations Nearly seventy (70) Taliban terrorists were killed and scores reportedly injured during […]
- Gun Battle Siege Continues at Indian Consulate in Afghan City OSINT SUMMARY 4th January 2016, Latest reports from Afghanistan indicate that gun […]
- Afghanistan Security Forces Foil A Taliban Attack in Laghman OSINT SUMMARY Afghan security forces have thwarted an assault by Taliban militants […]
- Airstrike in Helmand Leaves Taliban 6 Militants Dead, 4 Others Injured At least six insurgents were killed in an airstrike in southern Helmand province of […]
- U.S. Drone Strikes Kill 25 Islamic State Terrorists in Eastern Afghanistan EVENT SUMMARY Afghan military reports indicate that more than two dozen Islamic […]