The Afghan Air Force killed at least 45 militants of the Taliban terrorist movement in a series of airstrikes conduced in the country's southern Helmand province, local media reported Wednesday.
The air bombardments were carried out in the last 24 hours in the Bolan and Spina Kota areas of Helmand near the city of Lashkar Gah, local media reported citing the press office of Helmand authorities.
The news outlet added that the aerial operation had also resulted in injuries of 29 more militants.
According to the outlet, 22 more insurgents were killed and eight more wounded in a separate Monday airstrike in the province.
Kabul has been fighting against the Islamist Taliban insurgent group that is controlling a number of regions across Afghanistan and trying to establish Sharia law on the controlled areas.
- Senior Taliban Leader Killed in Eastern Afgan Province of Laghman Another Taliban terror group senior leaders, Nasir Ahmad, has been killed in a […]
- 27 Militants Killed in Afghan Intensified Airstrikes & Ground Offensive OSINT SUMMARY KABUL, February 10, 2016, a total of 27 militants have been killed in […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Gun Battle Siege Continues at Indian Consulate in Afghan City OSINT SUMMARY 4th January 2016, Latest reports from Afghanistan indicate that gun […]
- 139 Taliban Takfiri Militants Slain Across Afghanistan in Recent Offensives OSINT SUMMARY Latest military reports indicate that at least 139 members of the […]
- 33 ISIS Militants Killed in Fresh Airstrikes in Afghanistan Some 33 Islamic State (ISIS) militants were killed after Afghan air force jets […]
- NATO Troops & Afghan Air Force Destroy ISIL’s Afghan Radio Station, 46 Militants Killed EVENT SUMMARY 3rd February 2016, Recent military reports from Afghan’s Defence […]
- U.S.-led Coalition 30 Strikes Targets Islamic State Hideouts in Syria & Iraq EVENT SUMMARY Latest military reports from Middle East indicate that Daesh/Islamic […]