At least seven Al-Qaeda linked Al-Shabaab have reportedly been killed and dozens injured in a heavy fighting between Al-Shabaab militants and local fighters in Mudug region of central Somalia.
Heavy fighting broke out after Al-Shabaab attacked local fighters stationed at Dumaye village, about 50 kilometers away from the seaside city of Harardhere in Mudug region.
A senior Al-Shabaab middle level commander named Abdullah Salad was among those killed in the battle near Harardhere. Harardhere is a former bastion for pirates and now harbours Al-Shabaab militants.
Media sources reported that the fighting broke out when local residents in Dumaye rural area took arms against fight Al-Shabaab over forcibly Zakah collection. Zakah is an Islamic levy on wealth.
- Residents of Mudug Clash with Al-Shabaab Over Zakah Collection, 22 Al-Shabaab Militants Killed EVENT SUMMARY MUDUG, Somalia: 22 Al-Shabaab militants were killed after resident […]
- Heavy Fighting Erupts Between Al-Shabaab and pro-Galmudug Fighters in Dabagalo and Dumaye Villages in Central Somalia Heavy fighting which erupted two days ago between Al-Shabaab and pro-Galmudug […]
- 26 Al-Shabaab Militants Killed & Several Injured in Fighting in Harardhere Town, Central Somalia At least 26 Al-Shabaab militants have so far been killed and several […]
- 4 Al-Shabaab Fighters Killled Over Zakat Collection in Elbuur Town, Central Somalia Residents of Wabho Clash with Al-Shabaab Militants Over Zakat […]
- Senior, Mid-level Al-Shabaab Commander Surrenders to Jubbaland Forces Latest military intelligence reports from Somalia indicate that a senior mid-level […]
- 11 Al-Shabaab Militants killed in a Major Security Operation in Baay Region, Somalia BAAY Somalia, March 12, 2016 Latest military reports from Somalia indicate […]
- Jubbaland Forces Kill 15 Al-Shabaab Militants near Kismayo Jubbaland forces the past weekend killed at least 15 Al-Shabaab militants during a […]
- Al-Shabaab Commander Killed by Locals in Southern Somalia An Al-Shabaab commander reportedly has been killed following clashes between armed […]