4 Al-Shabaab Operatives killed in Deadly Clash with SNA Forces in Afgoye
At least four Al-Shabaab operatives were killed in a deadly clash with government forces (SNA) in Afgoye town, authorities confirmed on Thursday.
Also killed in the clash were three officers of the Somali National Intelligence and Security Agency (NISA).
Abdirahman Ahmed Hassan, a NISA officer told media channels that the battling started after Al-Shabaab operatives assaulted an SNA-armed force base in Afgoye, Lower Shabelle locale of Somalia.
"Three of our forces were killed and three others wounded during the clash. We killed four al-Shabaab militants. We captured three alive," Hassan said.
Agoye is an agricultural and strategic town located about 30 kilometers southwest of the Somali capital Mogadishu, which once was under Al-Shabaab control.
- Roadside IED Target Somali Government Soldiers near Mogadishu Latest military reports from Somalia indicate at least five Somali government […]
- Puntland Forces Beef Up Security in Volatile Galkayo Town Puntland forces have reportedly beefed up security in the clashes prone Galkayo […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Somalia Police Scale Up Security Measures in Jowhar Event Summary Somalia government police and soldiers launched an operation in […]
- Southwest State Government Vow to Scale up Security in Lower Shabelle Region Following the recent spate of attacks targeting government forces and military bases […]
- Several Al-Shabaab Terrorists Killed in Heavy Fighting in Bakool Region OSINT SUMMARY Several Al-Shabaab terrorists were on Sunday killed in a heavy […]
- 20 Suspected Islamists Al-Shabaab Terrorists Arrested in Somali Capital, Mogadishu At least 20 suspected Al-Shabaab terrorists who arrested in a major security swoop […]
- SVBIED Blast Kills at Least 20 in Crowded Beerta Market Somali A suicide vehicle bound improvised explosive device (SVBIED) has ripped through a […]