The Kenya Defense Forces (KDF) killed over 23 members of the terrorists group, 'Harakat Al-Shabaab Mujahideen (HSM), in Gedo region of Somalia after the militants launched an attack targeting an army patrol.
The KDF patrol party was in 3 armored vehicles and 4 other's tailing them and on standby mode.
Al-Shabaab set off an IED hitting one of the armored vehicles. The army men engaged the enemy combatants who swarmed the road and opened machine gun fire.
The cover patrol using feeder roads abushed and encircled the estimated 36 members of the Al-Qaeda branch in Somalia, Harakat Al-Shabaab Mujahideen (HSM) killing over 23 of them. Others escaped with serious gunshot wounds.
The army has laucnhed an operation to trail the rest of the group and destroy their encampment in the area.
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Mandera IED Explosion Targeting Kenya Police Patrol Fails An explosion targeting a Kenya Police Patrol was reported near the customs border […]
- Kenya Army Rangers Kill 13 Al-Shabaab Militants in Ras Kamboni During Botched Ambush Kenyan Army Rangers Killed 13 Al-Shabaab Militants outside Ras-Kamboni after […]
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- Kenya Army Special Forces Attacked After Capturing a Top HSM Logistician in a HVT Operation outside Sarira Flashpoint Kenya Army Special Forces Attacked After Capturing a Top HSM Logistician […]
- Kenya Security Forces Kill 10 Al-Shabaab, Arrest 36 And Destroy Weapons OSINT SUMMARY Kenya security forces continue to degrade Al-Shabaab […]
- KDF Troops Repulses Al-Shabaab Ambush on Jubbaland Army Base AFMADOW Somalia, March 16, 2016 Tuesday night, Al-Shabaab militants launched […]
- Heightened Security: AMISOM Forces with Somali Police, Intensify Patrols in Mogadishu Events Tuesday, car bomb kills two and leaves four injured in […]