15th February: Armed forces from at least 20 countries are gathered in northern Saudi Arabia for the most important military maneuver ever mounted in the region.
The exercise dubbed ‘The Thunder of the North’ will comprise ground, air and naval forces which is aimed at sending a clear message of the preparedness of all Riyadh and its allies in confronting all challenges and preserving peace and stability in the region.
Saudi Arabia has been on the frontline in the fight against militants; among then a military campaign against the Iran-back rebels in Yemen, a 35-member coalition to fight terrorism in Islamic Countries as well as being a member of the US-Led coalition against ISIS.
The military exercise will be the scene of high-tech military presence and details of its official commencement dates and duration span are yet to be released.
Among the twenty countries involved are; Saudi Arabia’s 5 partners in the Gulf Cooperation Council, Chad, Egypt, Jordan, Morocco, Malaysia, Pakistan, Senegal, Tunisia among others.
All members of the coalition will gather for the first official meeting in Riyadh next month from where they will announce their manifesto.
The ‘Thunder of the North’ coalition will share intelligence, combat violent ideology and extremism and deploy forces to areas to combat any uprising when need arises.
Saudi Arabia and her allies; regional, from the west and Africa have been working jointly in attempts to eradicate the Islamic State, its affiliates and other terrorist organization in a bid to install order and peace in the affected countries like Yemen and the recent deployment of its fighter jets to Turkey to fight in the war in Syria.
- NATO Troops & Afghan Air Force Destroy ISIL’s Afghan Radio Station, 46 Militants Killed EVENT SUMMARY 3rd February 2016, Recent military reports from Afghan’s Defence […]
- U.S. Director of National Intelligence James Clapper Says Homegrown Extremists Tops Terrorist Threat List KEY HIGHLIGHTS U.S. Director of National Intelligence (DNI) James Clapper has […]
- U.S.-led Coalition 30 Strikes Targets Islamic State Hideouts in Syria & Iraq EVENT SUMMARY Latest military reports from Middle East indicate that Daesh/Islamic […]
- U.S. President Donald Trump Urge Muslim Nations to ‘Take the Lead’ in Combating Extremism U.S. President Donald Trump while addressing the leaders of dozens of Muslim-majority […]
- U.S. Intervene Militarily To Train African Forces On Combating Terror OSINT SUMMARY U.S. Commander for Special Operations Command Africa Brigadier […]
- Egyptian Warplanes Bombardment Kill 22 Militants in Restive Sinai Peninsula OSINT SUMMARY March 2, 2016, Military source in Egypt has said that nearly two dozen […]
- Malaysia Face By Islamic State Militancy, Country Over High Alert As IS Video Surfaces Threatening of Attacks OSINT SUMMARY Malaysia has warned of Islamic State militant group threat after its […]
- Saudi Warplanes Arrive in Turkish Incirlik Airbase OSINT SUMMARY Latest military reports indicate that Saudi fighter jets have been […]