March 17, 2016: Security forces of Somalia’s Puntland state have killed 20 al Shabaab fighters in a deadly battle in the village of Suuj in northern Somalia. The militants arrived in the region’s Gara’ad town seized it for a few hours before they were attacked by the forces and forced out. The militants arrived in the area in boats by sea.
According to state government officials, the al Shabaab militants that had taken control of the two areas have resulted to hiding in holes and caves owing to the fierce battle front mounted by the government forces.
According to intelligence reports the militants are the splinter faction of the al Shabaab that pledged allegiance to ISIS and were headed to Galgala mountain ranges in Bari region where the de facto leader of the ISIS affiliated group Sheikh Abdulkadir Mumin announced the allegiance shift from Al Qaeda in 2015.
- Somalia’s Puntland Administration Offer Amnesty To Al Shabaab Youths, Leaders Event Summary: Somalia’s Puntland administration through an […]
- Afghan Forces Clear Strategic Tora Bora of ISIS Terrorists in Air Raids Afghan forces air raids have dislodged ISIS in strategic Tora Bora region according to […]
- Pro-ISIS Terrorists Flee Qandala in Puntland after Brief Seizure of the Town Pro-ISIS terrorists reportedly have fled Qandala in Puntland hours after briefly […]
- 70 Al Shabaab Killed, 30 Arrested In Puntland As Militants Flee The KDF’s Dominated South Towards Northern Somalia Highlights: At least 70 al Shabaab have been killed and 30 others arrested […]
- ISIS Mosul Commander Killed, Government Forces Battle for Bridge Tuesday 14/3/2017, Iraqi government forces killed several Islamic State (ISIS) […]
- Tanga Village Deserted After ISIS Terrorists Raid Leaves 8 People Killed EVENT SUMMARY Tanga, a village in Tanzania encountered deadly killings […]
- 3 Somali-Americans Sentenced for Plotting to Join ISIS in Syria A U.S. judge in Minnesota has sentenced three Somali-American found guilty of […]
- Puntland Forces Recapture Qandala, Kill over 40 ISIS Terrorists Army soldiers of Somali’s semi-autonomous Puntland State have […]