2nd January 2016, Afghan air force strikes have pounded on terrorists’ hideouts killing at least 14 Daesh militants in the restive Achin district of Nangarhar.
During the aerial raids another 12 militants were also wounded and numerous weapons, ammunition and explosives were destroyed according to a military statement.
The troubled Nangarhar has been witnessing a surge in the presence of Daesh militancy in recent months.
The Middle East based jihadist operating primarily in Syria and Iraq is extending its tentacles to Libya, Egypt and terrorist surged Horn of Africa nation, Somalia.
Daesh or the Islamic State terrorists group is reportedly is massively recruiting fighters in Afghanistan over past few months.
The jihadist group is aiming at establishing sanctuaries in areas traditionally seen as the strongholds of Taliban militants though it is facing rivalry from Taliban.
In June 2015, Taliban warned Islamic State emir and self-proclaimed caliph, Ibrahim al-Samarrai, also known as Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, against waging a parallel insurgency in Afghanistan
Taliban militant group asked the Islamic State leader to keep his men out of Afghanistan which they considered their territory.
Afghanistan has been the scene of violence since entry of US and its allies in 2001 on war on terror, which also saw the removal of the Taliban from power.
- ISIS Leader Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi ‘Killed’ In US-Led Air Strike: Unverified Report Key Highlights Evil ISIS chief reportedly killed after coalition air […]
- Afghan Air Force Strikes Kills 68 Daesh Militants in Eastern Afghanistan OSINT SUMMARY 29th December 2015, at least 68 members of Daesh Takfiri terrorists […]
- Abdul Hasib, Vicious Islamic State Chief in Afghanistan Killed The vicious leader of Islamic State in Afghanistan was killed in a joint ant-terror […]
- Special Air and Ground Campaign Kicks Off against ISIS in East Of Afghanistan Special operation involving air and ground strikes has kicked off in eastern Nangarhar […]
- 27 Militants Killed in Afghan Intensified Airstrikes & Ground Offensive OSINT SUMMARY KABUL, February 10, 2016, a total of 27 militants have been killed in […]
- Kenya Police Detain Woman Linked to Islamic State Takfiri Militant Group EVENT SUMMARY On 12th December 2015 (Jamhuri Day) a Kenyan woman was deported […]
- Islamic State May Relocate Following Losses in Libya’s Sirte, UN Chief Warns Islamic State (IS) or commonly known in derogatory acronym as 'Daesh' may […]
- Islamic State & Taliban Takfiris Clashes Leaves 13 Militants Killed in Afghanistan EVENT SUMMARY Over a dozen Takfiris were killed when rival factions between […]