- Wednesday 12th August 2015, Pentagon releases a statement saying that the F-16 fighter jets began the aerial bombardment from Incirlik air base in southern Turkey.
- US begun flying manned mission from the Turkish air base to deliver precision airstrikes against the Islamic State targets in Syria.
- The US-led coalition began flying unmanned missions (drones) earlier this month.
- August 3rd, 2015; Pentagon through its spokesman, Capt. Jeff Davis, announced the first armed drone missions from Turkish Incirlik Air Base in the past weekend.
- Last month (July 2015) Turkey agreed to let US forces use the Incirlik air base located on Turkey’s southern border with Syria.
US led campaigns described a broad plan and effort to create an Islamic State ‘free zone’ stretching about 100 kilometers in the length in northern Syria.
Turkey’s Incirlik air base is strategic as it will put the US forces only 30 minutes away from ISIS targets inside Syrian territories.
Despite US-Turkey longstanding demands, fight against ISIS is of common interest.
US has been on the forefront leading coalition of countries in conducting aerial airstrikes against the Islamic State targets in Syria since September last year.