Uganda’s President Yoweri Museveni Appoints Son Muhoozi Kainerugaba as His Advisor
Uganda’s President Yoweri Museveni on Monday night named his son Muhoozi Kainerugaba Senior Presidential Advisor for Special Operations.
Kainerugaba who is 42 years old was a Special Forces Commander (SFC).
Other appointment include that of his Deputy Don Nabaasa who was promoted to Colonel and appointed acting Commander of SFC.
Muhoozi deputy is now Major General Wilson Mbadi, who has been Army Chief of Staff.
Charles Angina who is Deputy Chief of Defence Forces (CDF) appointed Deputy Commander Operation Wealth Creation.
Brigadier Peter Elweru moves from Mbarara where he has been stationed as 2nd Division commander to take charge of the Land Forces.
Elweru commander behind the operation that saw UPDF Commandos raid Rwenzururu palace and capture King Wesley Mumbere.
Former Commander of UPDF in Somalia Brigadier Sam Okiding has been promoted to Major General and Commander Field Artillery.
Charles Bakahumura, Chief of Military Intelligence Brigadier has been moved and appointed Chief of Logistics and Engineering.
Brigadier Gavas Mugyenyi was also promoted to Major General and appointed Commander Air Defence.
Finally, Lieutenant Colonel Abel Kandiho was also promoted to Colonel and appointed CMI boss.
- Newly Promoted Top UPDF Officers to be Decorated Tuesday Uganda recently reshuffled to military commanders. Notable is Maj Gen David Muhoozi, […]
- Ugandan King Facing Terrorism Charges A Ugandan King is facing terrorism, murder, attempted murder, and robbery with […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- IGP Kayihura Deploys Over 100 Flying Squad Officers to Troubled Kasese Uganda’s Inspector General of Police (IGP) General Kale Kayihura has deployed […]
- Deadly Clashes in Uganda Leaves 14 Police & 41 Tribal Insurgents Killed Ugandan police said on Sunday that 41 tribal insurgents and 14 police officers were […]
- Uganda Police Arrests Man in $120 million Fake Arms Deal Uganda on Tuesday confirmed to have arrested a man suspected to be swindling a Polish […]
- Review AMISOM Funding, Uganda now Wants 6th February 2017, Kampala: Uganda has called on the concerned partners to review the […]
- Uganda’s President Yoweri Museveni Urges South Sudan’s Rivals to End War Uganda's President Yoweri Kaguta Museveni has asked rival groups in […]