Uganda Police Arrests Man in $120 million Fake Arms Deal
Uganda on Tuesday confirmed to have arrested a man suspected to be swindling a Polish weapons manufacturer.
The man identified as Sam Ssimbwa had presented himself to the company in guise, pretending to be an agent for Uganda’s Defence ministry, a police spokesman said.
Ssimbwa signed a fake arms deal of $120 million (about Shs428, 303,994,000) with Polish Weapons Company.
The suspect, Ssimbwa was taken into custody on Thursday last week. Initial investigation report indicate that Ssimbwa and unnamed co-conspirators had already pocketed euros 520,000 (about Shs2 billion)"as part payment for consultancy fees regarding the transaction.
Ssimbwa and his associates were contracted by BMP to secure a deal to supply Kampala with military weaponry including 375 tanks, 46 reconnaissance Ferret and Eland armoured cars and various artillery.
Investigation continues with investigators asking BMP Poland to provide police with evidence regarding the weapons fraud.
- Ugandan Police Arrests Mohamed Abdi Ali, an Al-Shabaab Suspect at Busia Border A man suspected to be involved in terrorism attached to the Somali militant group […]
- Uganda’s President Yoweri Museveni Appoints Son Muhoozi Kainerugaba as His Advisor Uganda’s President Yoweri Museveni on Monday night named his son Muhoozi […]
- Uganda: Gen David Sejusa Aides Jailed to 15 Years for Treason EVENT SUMMARY KAMPALA: A Uganda military court on Monday 18th July 2016 […]
- Ugandan King Facing Terrorism Charges A Ugandan King is facing terrorism, murder, attempted murder, and robbery with […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- IGP Kayihura Deploys Over 100 Flying Squad Officers to Troubled Kasese Uganda’s Inspector General of Police (IGP) General Kale Kayihura has deployed […]
- Entebbe Garrison Army Commander, Col. Dan Opito Odwee Held Over ‘Coup Plot’ EVENT SUMMARY Uganda police have confirmed the arrest of 30 military offers […]
- Nigeria To Produce Armoured Personnel Carriers Locally By Year-end MILITARY ACQUISITIONS The Defence Industries Corporation of Nigeria (DICON) […]