U.S Troops Ends Anti-ISIS Operation in Libya’s Sirte
U.S troops have ended anti-ISIS operations in former ISIS stronghold in Libya, officials announced Tuesday.
Pentagon had launched anti-ISIS operations in an effort to boost local forces push the militants from the coastal city of Sirte on August 1.
"In partnership with the Libyan Government of National Accord, the operation succeeded in its core objective of enabling GNA-aligned forces to drive Daesh (ISIS) out of Sirte," the U.S military's Africa Command said in a statement.
US drones, gunships and warplanes had hammered ISIS positions, conducting a total of 495 strikes.
Unity government leader Fayez al-Sarraj on Saturday announced that military operations in Sirte were done, though there are a few elements of ISIS fighters conducting sporadic attacks in Benghazi.
- Libyan Unity Government ‘Operation Al-Bunyan al-Marsus’ Register Gains against ISIL in Sirte Forces loyal to the Libyan UN-backed unity government an ‘Operation Al-Bunyan […]
- Libyan pro-government Forces Battles ISIS, Rescues 14 Civilians in Sirte Media reports indicate that Libyan pro-government forces engaged ISIS in a fierce […]
- Libyan Pro-government Forces Making Progress in Militant-held City of Sirte OSINT SUMMARY Libyan pro-government forces are making progress in edging out […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- U.S. Conducts its First Airstrike on ISIS in Libya on Request of UN-backed Unity Government The United States (U.S.) carried out its first airstrike targeting the Islamic State […]
- SNA, AMISOM Forces Kill Al Shabaab Commander & Destroy Base in Bakol Raid OSINT SUMMARY Sunday 6th December 2015, a senior Al Shabaab commander was killed […]
- Libyan Forces Battle ISIS for Control of Sirte OSINT SUMMARY Heavy fighting continues to be reported between Libyan forces […]
- US Intensifies Air Raids against Islamic State Terrorists in Libya US has stepped up its air raids against the Islamic States terrorists in the Libyan […]