Somali’s NISA is probing suspected Al-Shabaab bombers linked to an explosion at Hamarweyne, Mogadishu’s oldest district.
According to initial probe details, a vehicle fitted with explosives (IEDs) exploded at the centre of Somali’s capital Mogadishu on Monday afternoon.
The blast happened near a building known as Guriga Hooyooyinka (Women’s Building), which headquarters the Somali Women Association.
Confirming on the incident, Information minister Abdurahman Osman Yarisow said on that the suspected vehicle exploded before anti-mine agents arrived at the scene, however, the officials managed to apprehend the suspected perpetrators.
Yarisow also noted that no casualties suffered from the blast saying only properties were damaged as most of the people in the area had been alerted to leave.
- Somali Police Seize Abandoned Explosives-laden Vehicle in Hamarweyne, Mogadishu OSINT SUMMARY Reports from Somalia indicate that police managed to seize an […]
- Security Sweep Operations in Progress in Mogadishu SNA especially those assigned for the stability of the capital city are carrying out […]
- Explosion Target Bakara Market in Mogadishu, Somalia An explosion that targeted Bakara market left four people killed including a woman […]
- Car Bomb Explosion Injures 4 in Mogadishu, Driver Arrested Four people on Monday afternoon were injured when a car bomb detonated at Suq-bacad […]
- Mandera IED Explosion Targeting Kenya Police Patrol Fails An explosion targeting a Kenya Police Patrol was reported near the customs border […]
- Ethiopian Army Vehicle Escape Landmine Blast in Beledweyne, Central Somalia Ethiopian army managed to escape a landmine blast that targeted their vehicle in […]
- SVBIED Blast Kills at Least 20 in Crowded Beerta Market Somali A suicide vehicle bound improvised explosive device (SVBIED) has ripped through a […]
- Grenade Attack Target Military Base in Northern Mogadishu Several grenade blasts were on Monday evening heard near a military base in northern […]