Latest Military Intelligence reports from Somalia indicate Somalia’s National Intelligence and Security Agency (NISA) managed to foil a would-be motorbike bomb attack in Afgoye town of Lower Shabelle region on Sunday evening.
According to NISA officials and referenced by open sources in Somalia, three men who wanted to carry out the attack were apprehended.
Motorbike fitted with IED bombs were also recovered by the NISA and bomb expert teams.
No one has claimed responsibility of the bomb-fitted motorbike but Al Qaeda’s Harakat Shabaab Mujahideen (HSM) terrorists usually carry out similar attacks in Somalia targeting security installations and military forces fighting them.
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Somali Police Seize Abandoned Explosives-laden Vehicle in Hamarweyne, Mogadishu OSINT SUMMARY Reports from Somalia indicate that police managed to seize an […]
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- Four SNA Soldiers Injured in Mogadishu Car Bomb Explosion A car fitted with explosives blew up a security checkpoint in the outskirts of Somali […]
- Car Bomb Explosion Injures 4 in Mogadishu, Driver Arrested Four people on Monday afternoon were injured when a car bomb detonated at Suq-bacad […]
- Somalia’s Ahlu Sunna Waljama’a Planning to Attack Galmudug Administration and Control the State The Somali based Ahlu Sunna Waljama'a militia has declared a full-fledged war on […]
- NISA Detains 9 Al-Shabaab Suspects after Car Bomb in Mogadishu Somalia The National Intelligence and Security Agency (NISA) is in custody of nine Al-Shabaab […]
- Somali Army Repulse Al-Shabaab Ambush in Shalanbod Town, Lower Shabelle OSINT SUMMARY Latest military reports from Somalia indicate that Somali army […]