MOGADISHU, Somalia, Thursday 23/2/2017, Somali’s President Mohamed Abdullahi Farmajo has appointed former humanitarian worker Hassan Ali Kheyre as the new Prime Minister of the country.
The appointed of the new PM comes a day after President’s inauguration ceremony on Wednesday 22/2/2017.
The new PM has previously served as the Director of Soma Oil & Gas in East Africa, a UK-based company, and regional Director of Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) .
According to open sources reports, Hassan Ali Kheyre holds dual Norway-Somali citizenship and is believed to be a new comer to the political scene in Somalia.
After naming Hassan Ali Khayre as his new Prime Minister, President Farmajo jetted off to Saudi Arabia, his first trip outside the country since his election in February 8.
During his visit, President Farmajo will meet with King Salman to discuss the bilateral relations between the two countries, according to the sources.
- East African Heads Of State In Arusha; Security, Trade And E-Passport Launch To Top Agenda March 2, 2016: Heads of State for the East African Community Countries have arrived in […]
- National Intelligence Service (NIS) Tasked to Preempt Corruption’s Threat to National Security of Kenya The President of the Republic of Kenya Uhuru Kenyatta issued a statement on Monday 23rd […]
- Strengthening the Bond: New Somalia Diplomatic Mission To Turkey KEY HIGHLIGHTS Somalia President has appointed a close aide as ambassador to […]
- Nairobi, Kenya Enters List of Top 10 Most Dynamic Cities in the World Despite the political tantrums witnessed in Kenya, Nairobi, the capital city has […]
- Lobbying for Prime Minister Position Intensifies in Somalia, another Tough Task for New President The new president of Somalia is faced by a tough task of picking his new Prime […]
- Somalia President Hassan Sheikh Mohamud Visit Saudi Arabia For A Security Meeting OSINT SUMMARY 26th October 2015, Somali President Hassan Sheikh Mohamud visits Saudi […]
- Somali President Hassan Sheikh Mohamud Urge African Leaders to Jointly Combat Terrorism in the Continent Somali’s president who had attended the recently Tokyo International Conference […]
- UK-based Oil Company East African Director Under UN-investigations For Financial Links To Al Shabaab OSINT Summary: Leaked correspondence between the Norwegian Permanent […]