Russia and Iran have entered into a contract whereby Moscow is to supply Tehran with S-300 surface-to-air missile systems.
The negotiation to seal the deal to supply Iran with air defence system has been on since June.
Russia President Vladimir Putin signed a decree sometimes in April ending the self-imposed ban on selling the S-300 system to Iran.
His decision was prompted after other world powers, including Russia, reached an interim deal with Iran on curbing its nuclear program.
“S-300, the air defence system, the contract has already been signed,” Sergei Chemezov, the chief executive of Russian state-owned defence conglomerate Rostec, was quoted by the RIA news agency as saying on Monday 9th November 2015.
- Russia To Complete Delivery of S-300 Missile Systems To Iran By End of 2016 MILITARY ACQUISITIONS Russian is expected to make complete delivery of S-300 […]
- Iran for First Time Releases Footage of its S-300 Missile Defense System Iran for the first time released a footage showing the Russian S-300 missile defense […]
- Russia To Deliver S-300 Surface-to-Air Missile Defense Systems To Iran OSINT SUMMARY 15th February 2016, Moscow is set to deliver S-300 missile system to […]
- Russia Deployment of Advanced S-400 & S-300PS Air Missile Defense Systems to Crimea OSINT SUMMARY Military report by RIA media and referencing Russia Defense […]
- Iran & Russia Plan to Co-produce Sukhoi Su-30 Multirole Fighter Jet MILITARY ACQUISITIONS Iran’s Defence Minister revealed that Tehran and Moscow are […]
- High-tech Fighter Jets Flying Over Syrian Airspace OSINT SUMMARY The fight against Daesh and other terrorist’s organization in Syria has […]
- Algeria Orders 12 Sukhoi (Su-34) Fullback Capability Fighter Bombers From Russia MILITARY ACQUISITIONS Algeria has ordered 12 Su-34 warplanes from Russia in the […]
- Russia To Deliver First S-300 Missile Defense System to Iran in August-September MOSCOW Russia, March 11, 2016 Moscow has confirmed that it will deliver first […]