Police in a counterterrorism effort are expected to smoke out and tear down the increasing cases of terrorists having active cells in colleges and universities.
Police will be deployed to all public colleges and universities to tracking down these terror networks.
According to Deputy Secretary for Internal Security, Thomas Sakah, Kenyan Institutions for higher learning and citing universities have become hubs of radicalization and recruitment by jihadists’ terrorist groups.
Over the past months a number university has reportedly gone missing only to be tracked in Somalia or Syria training alongside Al-Shabaab or ISIS.
The police also to deal with cases of organized crime gangs carrying out armed robbery, carjacking, cybercrimes, drug trafficking and terrorism.
- Two British Medics Who Joined Islamic State Killed in Iraq According to a report on BBC, two British medics who had abandoned studies in Sudan […]
- South African Police Arrest 4 Terror Suspects Bound For Syria OSINT SUMMARY South African Police on Saturday arrested four terror suspects […]
- 3 Most Wanted Terror Suspects Linked to ISIS Arrested in Malindi Three wanted terror suspects were arrested during a police operation in coastal town […]
- Kenya Anti-terrorism Police Unit (ATPU) Arrest Two Students in Malindi over Links with Islamic States (IS) The Kenya’s anti-terror police (ATPU) on Monday 29th August 2016 intercepted […]
- German Court Sentences 5 for Links with Somalia’s Al-Shabaab A German court on Thursday sentenced five men in jail for having joined the Al Qaeda […]
- Islamic State May Relocate Following Losses in Libya’s Sirte, UN Chief Warns Islamic State (IS) or commonly known in derogatory acronym as 'Daesh' may […]
- Nine Minnesota Men to be Sentenced in plot to Join ISIS Terrorist Group Nine Minnesota men are expected to be sentenced for material support and plot to join […]
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]