Nigerian troops of 3 Battalion, 22 Brigade of the Nigerian Army on counter-terrorism duty with Operation Lafiya Dole, on Sunday, rescued nine children undergoing training at a Boko Haram camp in Jarawa, Kala Balge Local Government Area of Borno State. The troops also neutralized a large number of Boko Haram insurgents, including Abu Nazir, the sect’s leader in Jarawa during an operation.
This was disclosed in a statement issued by Brigadier-General Sani K. Usman, Director of Army Public Relations. According to the statement, the clearance operation, which was carried out in conjunction with members of the Civilian Joint Task, followed the receipt of information about the presence of Boko Haram terrorists at Jarawa.
While heading to Jarawa, said the statement, troops ran into a Boko Haram ambush about one kilometer to the village. This was, however, successfully cleared after a brief spell of fighting, which resulted in the insurgents fleeing. The troops launched into a hot pursuit, neutralizing a large number of them and capturing numerous weapons.
Weapons captured, disclosed the statement, included an AK-47 rifle, a double-barrelled gun, a primed heavy Improvised Explosive Device (IED) and three motorcycles.
The troops also rescued nine abducted children undergoing training at the terrorists’ training camp in the village. The minors were been evacuated and are being given preliminary humanitarian assistance in preparation to handing them over to Kala Balge Internally Displaced Persons Camp Management Committee.
- Nigerian Army Kill 6 Boko Haram Insurgents in Borno State Nigerian Army killed six Boko Haram insurgents during a battle in Borno […]
- Nigerian Army Rescues 38 Women & Children Held by Boko Haram Terrorists in Borno State Nigerian army battled the insurgent group Boko Haram and rescued 38, both women and […]
- Nigerian Troops Destroy Boko Haram Market & Rescue 195 Captives OSINT SUMMARY Nigerian troops on Wednesday 17th February 2016 discovered a market […]
- Nigeria, Cameroon Joint Operations Leave 23 Boko Haram Terrorists Killed, 150 Captives Rescued OSINT SUMMARY Wednesday 24th February 2016, 23 Boko Haram terrorists were killed in a […]
- Nigerian Military Foil Attack On A Dikwa IDP Camp; Recovered High-Tech Equipment Killing 26 Boko Haram Militants OSINT Summary: February 25, 2016; Nigeria’s troops have a foiled a massive Boko Haram […]
- Nigerian Army Rescues 80 Hostages, Women and Children in ‘Operation Tiger Claw’ OSINT SUMMARY NIGERIA, Borno State: Nigerian army and well-articulated […]
- 800 Boko Haram Hostages Freed in Nigerian Army Operations Latest military intelligence reports from Nigeria indicate that a total of 800 Boko […]
- Nigerian Army Claim Victory Over Boko Haram After Killing 19 in Borno Attack OSINT SUMMARY Nigerian troops on Saturday 4th June 2016 claimed victory over […]