Wednesday 24th February 2016, 23 Boko Haram terrorists were killed in a joint operation by Nigerian and Cameroonian troops. The operation also saw 150 Boko Haram captives rescued women and children.
According to a source in the Nigerian army, the raid was conducted on Tuesday night in line with Chief of Army directive for troops to intensify campaigns and clear out terrorists’ hideouts.
The joint operations were carried out in Boko Haram strongholds in Talala and Kumshe axis locations where 20 militants were killed.
The raid operation also saw the troops destroy four AK 47 rifles; a truck mounted with ant-aircraft gun was capture, a 60mm mortar and a Dane gun.
At Fatake locality, the troops torched and completely destroyed a Boko Haram facility with several ammunitions. Three Boko Haram terrorists were killed in the facility.
According to a statement by the Acting Director, Army Public Relations, Col. Sani Usman, the joint operations will continue.
Boko Haram which pledged allegiance to the Middle East-based Islamic State terrorist group in 2014 is based in Nigeria but in the past years it has established foothold in neighbouring countries including Cameroon, Mali, Chad, Benin and Niger.
Boko Haram insurgency prompted the five nations to form a Multinational Joint Task Force. The force now has 8,700 soldiers countering Boko Haram operations. So far the Multinational Joint Task Force has conducted successful operations inflicting significant loss to the Islamists group.
- Asymmetric War, Niger Army Operations Against Boko Haram DIFFA, Niger, March 10, 016 The national guard of Niger continues with patrols […]
- Boko Haram Fighters Surrendering in Large Numbers Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari has said that Boko Haram fighters are […]
- Islamic State Announces Abu Musab al-Barnawi New Boko Haram Emir, Shekau Insists He is Still In-charge The Middle East based Islamic State on Wednesday3rd August 2016 in an audio released […]
- Nigeria Police Launch Manhunt of Lagos School-girls Kidnappers OSINT SUMMARY March 3, 2016, Nigeria police launched an operation aimed at rescuing […]
- Two Guinean UN Peacekeepers Killed in Attack in Northern Mali EVENT SUMMARY BAMAKO, 12th February 2016 Two Guinean peacekeepers were killed in […]
- Nigeria Army Operations Rescues 324 Boko Haram Captives, 31 Militants Killed in Borno State OSINT SUMMARY 11th February 2016, during rescue operations, Nigeria Army managed […]
- Nigerian Army Claim Victory Over Boko Haram After Killing 19 in Borno Attack OSINT SUMMARY Nigerian troops on Saturday 4th June 2016 claimed victory over […]
- Somalia National Security Chief Warns of Al-Shabaab & Boko Haram Sharing Tactics SECURITY BRIEF Somali’s National Security Chief General Abdirahman Sheikh Issa […]