The Philadelphia mom of two had taken the last step to buy plane tickets for Syria but police were too fast for her.
Keonna Thomas has now been charged with planning to go overseas to join ISIS and martyr herself.
Like many women and young girls with a craving to become jihadi brides and traveling to the Islamic State, the Philadelphia mom was lured to join ISIS through the internet by an ISIS fighter.
She allegedly agreed over the internet to be involved in a suicide mission.
Philadelphia government says Thomas, 30, researched travel routes to Turkey and bought a plane tickets in late March.
Her arrest comes two days after two Queens women were accused of plotting to plant bombs in the United States on behalf of Al Qaeda.
In Kenya, two women that police identified as Khadija Abubakar and Mariam Saad, all of them Kenyans were arrested towards end of March at the Kenyan border as they tried to sneak into Somalia in bid to become jihadi brides. These are among the many failed attempts by young women to serve in the insurgent group.
Thomas was held without bail after a brief court appearance on Friday afternoon and is due back in court next week.
- Jihadi Brides Arrested As They Tried Sneaking Into Somalia at Kenyan Border Kenyan military officers arrested three young women at the El Wak border point as they […]
- “Jihadi Brides” under Kenya’s Custody had Links to Islamic State, Why Kenya Should be More Worried about ISIS Kenya’s intelligence officers are calling on the government to further intensify the […]
- Could Turkey be Supporting ISIS? Turkey’s military on Wednesday confirmed to have fired back shells at a Syrian weaponry […]
- ISIS Admission Dwindles With Increasing Security Measures ISIS admission process is on a downward trend as the group labels most new comers as […]
- Two British Medics Who Joined Islamic State Killed in Iraq According to a report on BBC, two British medics who had abandoned studies in Sudan […]
- Four Shebaab ‘Brides’ Charged Over Terror Attack Plot EVENT On March 27, 2015, the Shebaab brides were arrested at El Wak border point in […]
- Al Shabaab Recruiting University and College Students as Terror Cells Remain Active The April, 2015 attack on Garissa University that left 148 students dead was led by […]
- Cyber Crime Reports Link Four Kenyan Women to International Terrorists Four women accused in Kenya of links with terror groups were found in possession […]