According to Kenya Pipeline Company (KPC) Managing Director, the contractor, Zakhem International, is working on final bits, installation of the eight mainline pumps that have arrived in the country.
The KPC boss also noted that pipeline’s four stations would have two mainline pumps each.
Once complete, the new line expected to adequately serve the country’s demand with a projected supply of 6.8 billion litres in 2020.
The new pipeline project will be ready for commissioning by June 2017.
The pipeline will improve reliability into the counties by increasing product availability and volume in Nairobi. From Nairobi, spur lines will be fed into Western Kenya, Central Kenya, Rift Valley and South Nyanza regions.
Also the new pipeline will also improve the reliability of fuel supply to the export market of Uganda, Rwanda and eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo.
With approximated flow rate of 1 million liters per hour, the new line will remove an average of about 700 oil trucks from the road daily at maximum utilization thus improving efficiency.
- Kenya Deal with Ethiopia to Build Oil Pipeline ENERGY BRIEF Kenya and Ethiopia are set to finalize a deal that will see the […]
- Kenya’s Oil Pipeline Construction To Commence in 2 Weeks, Energy CS Keter ENERGY BRIEF, April 29, 2016 Kenya’s oil pipeline works is expected to […]
- Kenya Set To Begin Exporting 2,000 Barrels of Oil Daily From July 2017 ENERGY BRIEF Kenya has announced plans to start exporting 2,000 barrels of […]
- Kenya Set to Begin Oil Exportation by January 2017 Kenya is set to begin oil exportation by January 2017 according to the Finance […]
- Kenya Decides To Go Alone On Oil Pipeline Construction ENERGY BRIEF, April 24, 2016 Kenya will go alone on the construction of […]
- Oil Discovered In Kenya’s Kerio Valley; Britain’s Tullow Oil Announces March 16, 2016: Britain’s Tullow Oil has announced additional oil well […]
- Djibouti Mega Gas Project Commences ENEGY BRIEF, March 4, 2016 Djibouti has announced a mega gas project. Djibouti’s […]
- British Company Tullow Discovers More Oil at Erut 1 Well Kenya dream of commercial exportation of oil is almost being realized after the […]