Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta lauded security agents for their selfless efforts in countering radical extremism and criminal activities in the country.
The President noted that the country’s counter-terrorism strategy was paying off with reduced number of terror incidents being recorded in 2016.
Regrettably 16 people perished in 2016 following terror incidents orchestrated by Somalia Islamist terrorists Al-Shabaab as compared to 202 innocent lives who perished in 2015.
"There has been significant progress in counter-terrorism arising from enhanced capacity.
"These emanated from terrorism and other forms of organized crime, which required innovative ways to tackle," Kenyatta said at a ceremony to receive 500 police vehicles meant to stabilize security in the country earlier in the week.
Kenya has experienced a series of sporadic attacks since its troops entered Somalia in 2011 to flush out Al-Qaeda linked terrorist network, Al-Shabaab especially at the coastal region, Lamu notably and in NEP region especially Mandera.
Recent report from Kenya’s security agencies indicate that hundreds of youth have been intercepted on their way to Somalia to join Al-Shabaab since 2015 thus the terrorist suffering a huge blow on it recruitment drive.
The joint collaboration between security agencies, Police, Intelligence Service and Defence/Military has registered huge successes over the Al-Qaeda linked Al-Shabaab.
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- Mandera County Commissioner Call Residents NOT to Harbour Al-Shabaab Terrorists Mandera County Commissioner Fredrick Shisia called on residents not to harbour […]
- Kenya, SA Sign Agreement to Counter Terrorism & Deepen Police & Defence Cooperation Kenya and South African made a commitment by signing agreement bound to deepen their […]
- Kenya’s ATPU Questions Rashid Juma Mwakimako, Al-Shabaab Recruiter in Mombasa EVENT SUMMARY Police reports from Mombasa indicate that Kenya’s […]
- Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta Meet UN Security Council Over AMISOM, Repatriation of Refugees AMISOM, DADAAB CLOSURE, May 20, 2016 Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta […]
- Kenya Ask Help from France to Secure Regional Peace & Stability OSINT SUMMARY President Uhuru Kenyatta has called on France to support […]
- The Impending End of Al-Shabaab Terrorist Group in Somalia The Al-Qaeda branch in Somalia, Harakat Al-Shabaab Mujahideen movement (HSM) is […]