Kenya and India notably signed an agreement on defence cooperation.
The collaboration is set to improve maritime security since Kenya and India are connected by the Indian Ocean.
According to Modi, the maritime security occupies an important place in India’s overall defence and security engagement citing terrorism wave that poses global threat.
The new cooperation between the two countries will involve cyber security, combating drugs and narcotics and curbing human trafficking menace.
Kenya and India share a common enemy of terrorism noting the rapid spread of radical ideology that poses a common challenge calling for a unified front to counter and defeat the enemy.
- Kenya-India Sign Multi-million Dollar Trade Agreements EVENT SUMMARY Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrived in Nairobi on […]
- Kenya and Seychelles Sign Trade, Security Deals Kenya and Seychelles entered into agreement to increase trade between the two […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Kenya, Ethiopia Discuss War on Harakat al Shabaab al Mujahideen Movement Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta and Ethiopia’s Prime Minister […]
- Kenya-Somalia Maritime Dispute Hearings in ICJ to Start September EVENT SUMMARY June 15, 2016, It is official the Kenya and Somalia will be […]
- Somali President Hassan Sheikh Mohamud Urge African Leaders to Jointly Combat Terrorism in the Continent Somali’s president who had attended the recently Tokyo International Conference […]
- STATE HOUSE SPOKESPERSON’S STATEMENT ON PRESIDENT UHURU KENYATTA’S STATE VISIT TO ISRAEL President Uhuru Kenyatta will today depart for a 3-day State visit to Israel in a […]
- Kenya Security Agents Step Up Surveillance on Al-Shabaab Activities along the Porous Border Kenya security agents have stepped up surveillance on Al-Shabaab activities […]