23rd February 2016, latest military reports from Somalia reveal that KDF convoy was targeted on Wednesday with IED planted on the roadside at Tabda in Lower Shabelle.
The huge landmine blast according to military sources rippled one KDF armoured vehicle after it run over the IED.
The vehicle was damaged with 3 three soldiers sustaining some injuries from the explosion.
Al-Shabaab is known to plant IEDs on roads that are commonly used by SNA and AMISOM troops in Somalia.
The militant group Al-Shabaab has claimed responsibility of the TAbda IED attack on KDF convoy with exegerrated casualties.
KDF troops managed to reached their FOB and the medical team responded to the injured colleagues.
(More update to follow)
- KDF Convoy Escapes Roadside Bomb near Kismayo Town, Minor Injuries Reported Kenyan Defence Forces (KDF) supplies military convoy escaped roadside bomb that […]
- Puntland Army Soldiers Targeted in Roadside Bomb Two Puntland army soldiers sustained minor injuries after a roadside bomb blast hit […]
- AMISOM’s Burundian Troops Foiled Attack Targeting its Convoy in Somalia AMISOM’s Burundian troops successfully an attack that targeted the […]
- KDF-Army Soldiers Destroy Vehicle Carrying IEDs between Gelef & Delbio in Somalia The Kenya Defense Forces (KDF) have today morning (7th/2/2017) destroyed probox […]
- Two ISIS Emirs Killed in Roadside Bomb Planted by Their Troops in Kharbadan, Iraq Event Summary 22nd July 2015; Two ISIS chiefs blown up by a roadside bomb […]
- Police Launch Probe on Recent Attack in Garissa, NEP Kenya Kenyan police have launched an investigation regarding the killing of 3 persons in […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Mandera IED Explosion Targeting Kenya Police Patrol Fails An explosion targeting a Kenya Police Patrol was reported near the customs border […]