- Tuesday, car bomb kills two and leaves four injured in Mogadishu
- Recently Somali’s capital of Mogadishu has witnessed fighting and explosions claimed by the Al-Qaeda linked group Al-Shabaab
- Separate attack by unidentified assailants; former District Commissioner gunned down in Afgoye
- Intensified street patrols, vigilance for any possible attack
Somali’s capital Mogadishu has witnessed several sporadic attacks. The militants mostly are employing suicide bombs in their attacks.
Somali Police Forces have got a boost from AMISOM Forces as they intensify an operation deemed to maintain law and order in the streets of Mogadishu.
The joint force operations have been step up, daylight patrols while there is a possibility for a curfew in the evenings.
Heavy presence of the force could be felt in major streets of Mogadishu especially KM4. The forces conducted search on motorists plying the various routes of Mogadishu.
Summary & Forecast
Meanwhile, Africa Union Forces (AMISOM) in Somalia said they are planning to recapture the remaining strategic areas occupied by ‘Al-Shabaab’ in new offensive against the militants in the Horn of Africa nation.
The AU peacekeepers have laid out elaborate plans to recapture strategic areas from the militant group
Forces should also come out with a counter strategy against Al-Shabaab Amniyat branch which is notorious of carrying out systematic spate of killings against federal government officers in Somalia.
- Somalia Police Scale Up Security Measures in Jowhar Event Summary Somalia government police and soldiers launched an operation in […]
- Al-Shabaab Suicide Vehicle-Borne Improvised Explosive Device (SVBIED) Surge Foretells Strategy EVENTS SUMMARY On 22 August 2015 Harakat al-Shabaab al-Mujahideen's Istishhadyin […]
- Mandera IED Explosion Targeting Kenya Police Patrol Fails An explosion targeting a Kenya Police Patrol was reported near the customs border […]
- Somali Police Warns of a Traffic Terror Attack Event Summary: General Ali Mohamed Hirsi, Somalia’s traffic police chief warned of […]
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- Two Al-Shabaab Militants Killed on Attempted Somali Police Headquarters Attack in Mogadishu A huge blast has been heard Sunday 31st July 2016 following two car explosions […]
- Unidentified Gunmen Kill Liban Osman Ilmi, Somali President’s Nephew in Mogadishu KEY HIGHLIGHTS MOGADISHU: Wednesday 7th October 2015, Mogadishu was received in […]
- Al-Muhajiroun’s Muhajirah 1st Stab on Terrorism in Kenya On Sunday 11th of September 2016 at approximately 1000hrs EAT, Tasnim Yakub […]