German police on Wednesday stepped up their hunt for the driver of the ill-fated truck that rampaged through a Berlin Christmas market killing scores.
The only suspect, a 23-year old Pakistan asylum seeker was released from detention late Wednesday for lack of evidence raising fear of a killer on the loose.
According to Interior Minister Thomas de Maiziere and referenced by German broadcaster ZDF, the security officers are keen and can't rule out that the perpetrator is on the run.
At least twelve innocent people were killed when the Polish-registered articulated truck ploughed into the crowded market on Monday, smashing wooden stalls and crushing victims in attacked that was claimed by the Islamic State terrorist group.
Twenty-four injured remained in hospital, 14 of whom were in critical condition, according to de Maiziere.
From last year, Germany has experienced refugees’ influx with arrival of 890,000 polarizing Germany and posing a serious security threat.
- German Police Arrests 3 Islamic State (IS) Suspects Linked with Paris Attackers OSINT SUMMARY Germany police early in the week arrested three Islamic State […]
- German ISIS Returnee Warns Of Group’s Simultaneous Attacks On Major Cities In Europe German jihadist returnee Harry S who fought with ISIS in Syria has been a reliable […]
- German police Nab 5 Suspected Islamic State (Daesh) Recruiters German police have nabbed five suspected Islamic State (Daesh) […]
- Thwarted France Terrorist Attackers Had Planned Strike on Paris in December French police sources said on Thursday that several terror suspects arrested last […]
- German Police Arrests 3 Syrians over ISIS Link OSINT SUMMARY German police have attested three Syrian nationals in the […]
- 3 Syrian Men Arrested Over Possible Attack in Germany BERLIN: June 2, 2016 Three Syrian men suspected to have links with Middle […]
- Germany to Deploy 650 Troops to Fight Islamic State (IS) Smuggling in Mediterranean OSINT SUMMARY Germany cabinet on Wednesday 14th September 2016 gave a green […]
- NATO Troops & Afghan Air Force Destroy ISIL’s Afghan Radio Station, 46 Militants Killed EVENT SUMMARY 3rd February 2016, Recent military reports from Afghan’s Defence […]